Can the game make a comeback?

Author Topic: Can the game make a comeback?  (Read 7554 times)

I remember a similar discussion about how people on the forums would pay for Blockland 2.

Someone literally said "dude badspot would get like a few thousand keys guaranteed for Blockland 2!"

So let's pretend blockland 2 is like 20 dollars a key. 1,000 times 20 is 20,000. Then you factor in steam's cut, income tax, bills, food, etc. Badspot is probably making waaaaaay less than 20,000.

So the numbers is kinda pathetic he needs a higher guarantee than just the old blockland fanbase to buy Blockland 2.

Not to mention the market is over saturated with brick building games. Blockland to this day is still called a minecraft clone despite coming out before minecraft

https://store.steampowered.com/app/552100/Brick_Rigs/

Badspot should work with the brick rigs guy.

Brick rigs is great if you want to build a car but it doesn't offer much else. Very lacking in content.

But you combine brick rig's car physics with blockland's content and you'll have loving Blockland 2.

I will definitely pay for a sequel or just something that is similar. It's use to be my favorite game back then

its an old game lol. blockland2 maybe, but it would have to be vastly bigger. and the effort spent may not pay out. badspot might be better off getting into a new unrelated game.

badspot might be better off getting into a new unrelated game.
Like Perennial! ...Oh wait...

in order for badspot to even possibly consider blockland 2.

He would need a guaranteed list of buyers whom already own Blockland.

PLUS he would need a significant amount of potential buyers interested in the game whom never even heard of blockland.

If he doesn't sell half a million keys in less than 5 years then blockland 2 isn't going to be worth the time and effort to make I imagine.

Also badspot needs to add more third-party default content.

I've only seen him add third-party content once, it was around the v9 release.

We wouldn't have a bunch of faces in default blockland if it weren't for him adding Jirue's decals/faces and prints into blockland.

Whoops it wasn't v9 it was v11 but it was in 2009 which is what I was thinking of.

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=57589.msg921886#msg921886

We need another face/decal release.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:51:44 AM by King Tøny »