Can the game make a comeback?

Author Topic: Can the game make a comeback?  (Read 7694 times)

I have a lot of issues that need to be addressed in a short amount of time. So I'm asking for help way more than I should.
maybe spend more time asking and not trolling, you might get your issues solved

the better question is why would you want this game to make a comeback

It's fun

Blockland is probably the best brick building games out there.

Roblox is trash, minecraft isn't even legos.

Lego worlds is also trash.

Blockland actually got it right but it's heavily outdated.

Why wouldn't you?

Why wouldn't you?
well for one we’ve seen the sort of people that this community spits out but besides that the game isn’t exactly physically designed well for a lot of people and can’t handle a lot of stress
better just to let time take its course and kill off this game whenever

well for one we’ve seen the sort of people that this community spits out but besides that the game isn’t exactly physically designed well for a lot of people and can’t handle a lot of stress
better just to let time take its course and kill off this game whenever
every game has stuffty people, but like other games, this one has some great people in the community as well. it would be nice to have a sizable population and less 0 player servers more often. i know this game cant handle that much, but it can definitely handle more than it is right now
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:23:20 PM by Defendor »

every game has stuffty people, but like other games, this one has some great people in the community as well. it would be nice to have a sizable population and less 0 player servers more often. i know this game cant handle that much, but it can definitely handle more than it is right now
yet somehow the only decent ones here are either inactive or antisocial

yet somehow the only decent ones here are either inactive or antisocial
idk what servers you've been at but ive seen plenty of cool people active.

every game has stuffty people, but like other games, this one has some great people in the community as well. it would be nice to have a sizable population and less 0 player servers more often.
this only changes when people bother to host good servers, rather than the same monotonous exclusivist (aka only appeals to a very specific target audience) gamemodes like grapple knife, jail rp, murder mystery, and mini-empires.

my personal favorite servers are TDMs (esp capture point and ctf), Creeper, and Space RPs, but i almost never see these gamemodes hosted, let alone in a quality form. the last time i played a space RP server i actually enjoyed was over 6 years ago on Comr4de's server.

I've pretty much entirely given up on joining other people's servers at this point because of how disheartened i've become with the lack of good servers. It's always the same type of MERP or grapple knife garbage i see dominating the player list, and when it's not, it's either a potentially fun gamemode being hosted by a bad or abusive host, a potentially fun gamemode that's executed poorly, or a good host running a very exclusivist gamemode.

I've decided that because of how garbage other servers continually are, the only apparent solution is for me to host my own gamemodes, done properly and correctly with high quality. I've been working on two new gamemodes: a large-scale space capture point TDM on a space station, and an infection-based zombie mod gamemode, but so far they've proven more ambitious and complicated than i expected so i'm not done with them yet. been working on the space tdm for over a year of solid development now and the zombie mod gamemode for six weeks now. hoping to have the zombie mod gamemode done sooner but i'm still waiting on modders to fulfill their part to get the mods needed for the gamemode to work as intended.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:34:48 PM by Planr »

No one hosts anymore because no one can compete with grapple knife tdm.

this only changes when people bother to host good servers, rather than the same monotonous exclusivist (aka only appeals to a very specific target audience) gamemodes like grapple knife, jail rp, murder mystery, and mini-empires.
When I see those servers up they get consistently large playercounts. It sounds like you just don't like those gamemodes, which is fine, but there's no point in axing them because then we end up with even less servers/players. Also I feel like those gamemodes are pretty easy to jump into (except mini-empires but that depends on the host) so I don't think it's fair to call them exclusive.

It's cool you're working on new gamemodes though, more server diversity is a good thing and they sound like fun ideas. There's definitely a shortage of good space themed servers
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 07:52:43 PM by Mega-Bear »

I can't get players for my medieval RPG.

Like everyone is loving playing grapple knife TDM.

I can't get players for my medieval RPG.

Like everyone is loving playing grapple knife TDM.
Just host a medieval grapple knife RPG