Tell Tale Games to file bankrupt, laid off most employees

Author Topic: Tell Tale Games to file bankrupt, laid off most employees  (Read 5422 times)

Over in america people are afraid to leave their jobs

While slavery is illegal in america, minimum wage is practically slavery here. Sure they could quit but then they'd go bankrupt in a matter of weeks or months.

it loving blows because a ton of employees were living paycheck to paycheck in high rent areas such as San Francisco afaik

"I'd like to work here"
"okay what's your past experience"
"well I worked with telltale on some of the more critically acclaimed games of the last decade or so"
"yeah no sorry you're not hired"

it loving blows because a ton of employees were living paycheck to paycheck in high rent areas such as San Francisco afaik

They make money higher than minimum but if the cost of living is also increased than they are no different from living with minimum wage.

In america if you live paycheck to paycheck you're practically a slave, cannot afford to lose your job, have no time to find a better job.

I was hopeful for a Sam and Max season 4.

Does this make their games abandonware now? Some games are already pulled off the store like what happened to Poker Night 1 and 2

Does this make their games abandonware now? Some games are already pulled off the store like what happened to Poker Night 1 and 2
Those were pulled for licensing reasons, had nothing to do with them closing as far as I'm aware

I’m gonna miss the poker night games, those were fun.

yo mama abandon ware

"I'd like to work here"
"okay what's your past experience"
"well I worked with telltale on some of the more critically acclaimed games of the last decade or so"
"yeah no sorry you're not hired"
its not as simple as that since the games they worked on were very primarily story based with very little gameplay. if they dont have experience at other studios, they wouldn't have the background needed to join in-progress projects as a coder most likely. maybe as a writer or cutscene editor/creator, but i can't imagine anything else. unfortunately most studios dont prioritize writing, and the cutscenes in TTG were pretty eh tier for the modern era.

I would probably hire a writer or lead artist from TTG but that's it

I would probably hire a writer or lead artist from TTG but that's it
u have a game dev company?

its not as simple as that since the games they worked on were very primarily story based with very little gameplay. if they dont have experience at other studios, they wouldn't have the background needed to join in-progress projects as a coder most likely. maybe as a writer or cutscene editor/creator, but i can't imagine anything else. unfortunately most studios dont prioritize writing, and the cutscenes in TTG were pretty eh tier for the modern era.
i mean, it's still games programming. there are still people that had to write that engine (or whatever they put on top of it) and people who had to write all the tools on the pipeline to make all the superficial stuff easy for art and design teams to work with. the gameplay being simple doesn't mean there aren't mountains of code in the background or in the back room supporting the game or the devs' workflow. the fact that they were able to make these games so quickly is probably a testament to how good their dev tools were. i'd love to see some info from the tech artists at telltale, i bet they did some awesome work there