Author Topic: Project Robbery  (Read 4091 times)

you can't give constructive criticism on something that basically doesn't exist. there's absolutely no context behind this project at all, there's nothing given to anyone that hints at all at what you can do or will do in the game besides the vague "you rob banks and monitor them." there's no criticism that can be given on that one sentence alone

Next time you want to introduce your project to people you should show us pictures or describe the actual gameplay like real game pitches do in the industry instead of saying some poorly thought out bullstuff like 'itll have cops and robbers!'
^ this was the constructive criticism i was referring to. you weren't giving criticism to the game but rather just him.
even if he gave barely any information on this, bashing him doesn't do anything for anyone. congrats, all you managed to do is make yourself look like an starfish. no one wants to be associated with starfishs.

^ this was the constructive criticism i was referring to. you weren't giving criticism to the game but rather just him.
even if he gave barely any information on this, bashing him doesn't do anything for anyone. congrats, all you managed to do is make yourself look like an starfish. no one wants to be associated with starfishs.
there's two options here: either criticize his absolute lack of planning and design, or say nothing and let him continue to construct a game with absolutely no direction or good design which in the end will teach him exactly the things that I criticized in this thread. He can either hear it now or hear it in a few months when he's poured his heart and soul into this empty ill-conceived project he struggles to call a game. I'm just saving him time by telling him everything he's done wrong an hour into his development

there's two options here: either criticize his absolute lack of planning and design, or say nothing and let him continue to construct a game with absolutely no direction or good design which in the end will teach him exactly the things that I criticized in this thread. He can either hear it now or hear it in a few months when he's poured his heart and soul into this empty ill-conceived project he struggles to call a game. I'm just saving him time by telling him everything he's done wrong an hour into his development
you're missing the point. lol
literally all you had to do was not be a richard about it. thats it. you could've told him the same exact thing you said but in a way that doesn't come off so aggressively

let's engage in some project robbery and rob this project

literally all you had to do was not be a richard about it. thats it. you could've told him the same exact thing you said but in a way that doesn't come off so aggressively
he could've taken the time and effort to make a better quality post about his project that doesn't come off so vague and half assed

im not sugarcoating anything at all. there are only two things this project can be: good or bad. by saying that i'm wrong or a richard for saying it's bad, you're basically admitting that this project is good. anyone who thinks based on any of the information OP gave that this game is good in any way is basically either 10 years old, incredibly loving overoptimistic, or just delusional.

you could argue: the game isn't finished! why are you judging it so harshly?

the simple answer is that if your first phase of game development (the idea phase) isn't clear or understood enough by the developer to actually communicate what the game is about in an engaging way, the game is bad. it will turn out bad no matter how good the graphics are. it shows that the designer has no clue what they want from this game and even if they have a weird abstract idea of it in their head, there's no way it will translate well enough to become a feasibly fun project.

if you, as a developer of any product, don't understand exactly what and how the product is going to do and work or what new stuff it's going to provide that other products don't, you need to loving stop everything you're doing and hit up the chalkboard again. proceeding down that line of development is the equivalent of building a house of cards on a rubber fitness ball. not only will it have absolutely no foundation or direction, but any changes made during development will destroy the entire project. if by some miracle you finish, you'll be left with a lopsided house of cards so poorly built that it could only be completed with glue and duct tape. and it'll show. everyone who sees it will immediately recognize that the house was built on impulse with absolutely no planning whatsoever. for a real actual example of this house of cards, see hunt down the freeman

from there you could argue:
this game is just a pet project. its not meant to be played, its just a test. why are you judging it so harshly?

simpler answer: dont post your stuff in public unless you are prepared for any and all criticism. the moment it touches a public forum you're disclaiming that your game is a private pet project that you're making for your own personal development.

as a last resort you could argue: why are you such a richard?

best answer: eat my ass
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:44:14 PM by thegoodperry »

phantos do you do anything other than stuff on people and stuffpost on here

phantos do you do anything other than stuff on people and stuffpost on here
its ironic because your post has less substance than mine. so far i've made 5 posts where i explain exactly why i think this thread sucks and not a single person has so far disagreed with me. just simple stuff like "why u suck panto >:("

not a single thing i've said in this thread has been remotely wrong, hence why nobody disagrees with me. everyone just wants to call me a richard because i guess they got some cheap loving high ground to maintain and what better way to maintain it than stuff on the only person providing actual advice and criticism in this entire thread

yall some forgetin idiots calling me a richard or a troll or whatever yet none of yall have enough balls to even say one thing you like about this stuffshow of a 'game project.' you're basically just agreeing with me but trying to cause conflict just to look like you disagree with me. you arent man enough to admit that you think this stuff is terrible
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:12:50 PM by thegoodperry »

and im pretty sure half of you guys are the people who caused officerzach to leave. you had to call his work stuff but now you go soft for this random guy who puts even less effort than officerzach into his work. like zach was at least really loving dedicated that he would make the art -first- and then tell people about the game. this guy hasn't even TOLD us anything about his stuff other than it involves cops robbers and vents, which means forget-all
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:15:14 PM by thegoodperry »