explain transgender/love change stuff 2 me pls (mainly love change operations)

Poll

a

5 (55.6%)
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: explain transgender/love change stuff 2 me pls (mainly love change operations)  (Read 8566 times)

ok and

this thread is perfectly fine and the OP is one of the most wholesome posters in the forum lol
inevitably someone was going to say something really bad about transgenders anyway

inevitably someone was going to say something really bad about transgenders anyway
so that means jump the gun and start being a richard before anything happens lol

so that means jump the gun and start being a richard before anything happens lol
yep

trans is nothing but a hobby, not a loveual preference or a gender.

sjw abuse that term for their cause, even though by their own definitions, trans cant exist.

tbh cant say that i agree with or fully understand the deal with trans people but ive got a friend and an ex that are trans, and i respect them as people so
idk my point is to let people do their thing and be tolerant if they do or don’t regret it later

In case you didn't notice I'm incredibly sensible. I have no unique characteristics so I validate my existence by stuffting on random people who make changes to their body. Being sensible is who I am, I want you all to know that. If you have any problem with me, you are a DIRTY forgetIN transmission
agreed,,

Trans people are okay except for flamboyant trans starfishs who try to act feminine or in the case of FtM masculine because it destroys the very foundations of feminism by securing and normalizing gender roles behavior. It's the equivalent of gender blackface and feminists seem to be okay with it despite the fact that it completely undermines their entire movement

If you wanna identify as a girl go ahead, no issues there. but trying to act like a girl too with what very little you understand about female behavior is literally blackface. The greatest offender of this are shows like RuPauls Drag Race
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:34:15 AM by thegoodperry »

If you wanna identify as a girl go ahead, no issues there. but trying to act like a girl too with what very little you understand about female behavior is literally blackface. The greatest offender of this are shows like RuPauls Drag Race

lol i guess transmissions are forgeted.

Trans woman here, your question is a bit confusing but I'll try to answer it as best as I can. I haven't gotten SRS yet, but I currently plan to.
I'm also going to assume you know little to nothing about trans people so I will try my best to respectfully explain things as though you know nothing about this subject.
But first...

this is the worst place in the entire world to ask this kind of question.
who the forget are you to say this? this is projecting dude, you don't know if that's how someone else feels about it.
i don't think you understand that for a while now at least MtF surgery has been 1:1.
MtF surgery isn't perfect, there is still a lot that could be improved upon, especially involving recovery.
i also do not think you understand that loads of transgender people do not go for surgery, and are completely fine with that.
listen man a lot of what you wrote is you projecting your own feelings about it on other people. ultimately what transgender people do is because it is what makes them feel comfortable in their body. love change or not, topsurgery or not.
How about you read intentions and where he is coming from rather than just what he says? He is making an effort to try and understand, maybe he is concern trolling, but answering politely and comprehensively will do wonders in helping other people understand who aren't trolls.
Yes, even if the person you're responding to is a concern troll.
true except for in every other case with lgbt threads, there are people being rlly loving nasty towards lgbt users/people just to be edgy
This is the Blockland Forums™, it is no secret that everyone here is really loving nasty towards everyone. You even acknowledged this in your first reply to this thread.

Now to answer your question...

edit: ik not all trans ppl get operations but in this thread im primarily focusing on those that do
This is what makes the question a bit confusing, but I imagine you do not know what HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy, which I will explain in a later point of mine) is so I will ignore this for now.
The reason it is a bit confusing is because you refer specifically to people who have gotten surgery, but have not given a question that is exclusive to trans women who have gotten SRS.

so i was reading a post from an person i follow and they said to not call trans people by their old name (like if someone goes male > female and their birth name is tyler, but they wanna be called veronica now) because it could cause them discomfort or dysphoria (which is unease or unsatisfaction with life) and i had 2 thoughts on this:

2: maybe they feel unsatisfied with life or uneasy because it reminds them that they arent really male/female, and that they are chasing something that will never be 100% authentic? (kinda sounds aggresive ik :c )
There are many, MANY ways this could be interpreted by us.
It could be exactly as you say, they have a thought process where they believe they aren't really male/female, and that they are chasing something that they think will never be 100% authentic. People who think like this generally are depressed/otherwise have self esteem issues.
Some could be upset because of the many, many years they have spent as a gender they are REALLY not comfortable with, and have a sort of PTSD about this.
Some could get upset because you're ignoring their legitimate request to treat them as they want to be treated.
It could be for any multitude of reasons honestly. But as far as authenticity goes, I'm personally in the boat of 2 special genders for every person: Person and starfish.
I don't think there's any more authentic of a life than a life you want that doesn't bring obvious harm to other people. Of course, life isn't always black and white but I think I got the idea across pretty well.

another thought i had about it was that it kinda reminds me of ppl who spend tons of money on plastic surgery, chasing some perfect image they imagine themselves as, unable to accept they way they look instead. they damage their natural, valuable, healthy and functioning body to look and feel better about themselves, but if they just learned to accept reality then they'd be better off is that im getting at. just seems kinda... wrong? unhealthy? idk cuz again i read a study that said that the most healthy treatment is to just go thru with it so maybe im wrong but in my own opinion, a life where u accept what u are and keep it that way sounds a lot more enjoyable than changing it and sacrificing the valuables that it came with.
The problem with comparing Body Dysmorphic Disorder to being trans is that the way they both function are considerably different.
BDD ends up being treated in a similar way to depression, therapy, anti depressants, the whole lot. There may be differences but BDD usually manifests itself as a sort of line of thinking(Not really sure how to describe it) while Gender Dysphoria (and in the same sense, euphoria) manifests itself due to actual differences between the body and brain.
Brains tend to vary wildly in terms of structure, but for us they tend to function more towards our desired gender and that involves relying on hormones, especially once puberty starts. There are problems before puberty, but they don't become especially severe for those who get dysphoria until puberty. This is mainly why HRT works for us and resolves one of the biggest problems pretty much immediately, they replace the hormones to that of what we need. Socially transitioning is also very important and it just so happens that HRT helps with that, a lot. For people with severe Gender Dysphoria, not going on HRT pretty much equals Self Delete.

HRT pretty much replaces Testosterone with Estrogen for MtF and vice versa for FtM trans people.

It's also important to note that going on HRT and socially transitioning only solves depression and related stuff caused specifically by Gender Dysphoria, obviously if you are depressed as a result of unrelated issues, for example, would not resolve the depression, although it may alleviate it.

Of course, brains vary wildly: There could be trans people who don't ever go on HRT but socially transition and there could be trans people who don't experience dysphoria but instead experience euphoria. As well as trans people whose Gender Dysphoria isn't so severe and, as a result, goes untreated for decades.

I hope this answers your thoughts and any misconceptions you, or other people, may have adequately enough. I tried my best to explain as clearly as I could, but it's hard to explain what being trans is like to cis people because our experiences are vastly different and it can be hard to see the other persons point of view when they're so radically different.
See hootaloo as an example: He lashed out at the OP because of something that is extremely obvious to the average trans person, but not obvious at all to the average cis person. This is why trying to understand the other person's point of view and his intentions are so important, it prevents situations like that from happening.

Anyways, again, hope that answers everything you wanted to know, if you have any more questions, just ask!

what an empty reply towards me wtf

wow an educated post about a sensitive subject in this barren wasteland and it isn't about some stupid

i can't believe this oasis has just been brought here

anyways as an previously uneducated now further enlightened piece of stuff, if you're more comfortable being called he / she / bog / bogette what the forget should i care. my richard isn't small enough to pick on people for being different

what an empty reply towards me wtf
ur first reply is "forget you for literally asking a question you piece of stuff"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:56:54 PM by kongo »