Server_Railroad - Build railroads and drive trains!

Author Topic: Server_Railroad - Build railroads and drive trains!  (Read 12956 times)

holy stuff this is great

but what about the Steam train pulling trains Cars?

Also the large Passenger Train by TheArmyGuy doesn't work with this nor the Lego Freight Train add-on, they snap to the tracks but don't turn.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:21:13 PM by kingmims »

Also the large Passenger Train by TheArmyGuy doesn't work with this nor the Lego Freight Train add-on, they snap to the tracks but don't turn.
neither have support for this mod, they weren't made with this mod in mind. they snap to the axis their vehicle spawn is on, not the tracks.

in order to "fix" them you will have to remove the snapping code from the trains, and add "isTrain = 1;" to the train's datablock definition.

true, there should be a way to couple trains and make complete rolling stocks. it’s also pretty difficult to make turns since it takes two tracks to take one single turn
i was working on multi-car trains but didn't find a good way to handle it, unfortunately i dont have the time nor interest to try the problem again anytime soon. maybe in the future.

there haven't been any multi-car trains that existed along with a dynamic train track system afaik. the best you could do iirc was run two trains right behind each other with chrisbot's train mod, but it wasn't reliable and derailing happens a lot more with his mod.

neither have support for this mod, they weren't made with this mod in mind. they snap to the axis their vehicle spawn is on, not the tracks.

in order to "fix" them you will have to remove the snapping code from the trains, and add "isTrain = 1;" to the train's datablock definition.
i was working on multi-car trains but didn't find a good way to handle it, unfortunately i dont have the time nor interest to try the problem again anytime soon. maybe in the future.

there haven't been any multi-car trains that existed along with a dynamic train track system afaik. the best you could do iirc was run two trains right behind each other with chrisbot's train mod, but it wasn't reliable and derailing happens a lot more with his mod.

okay, thanks.

That image of the motorcart with armed passengers gave me an idea...

bump to link TAG’s new train to the OP

How does the Bot>SetForwardMovement event work? I turned off the bot and set the direction, but the bot never moves it just stays still. I am currently using Bot>GoToBrick events for the trains on my server but it is a bit glitchy, I would like to know what I'm doing wrong so I can use the proper events.

Also, I noticed that in all of the pictures of this mod the Trolley has a white stripe, but my Trolley has a black stripe. What could be causing this?

Thanks.

How does the Bot>SetForwardMovement event work? I turned off the bot and set the direction, but the bot never moves it just stays still. I am currently using Bot>GoToBrick events for the trains on my server but it is a bit glitchy, I would like to know what I'm doing wrong so I can use the proper events.

Also, I noticed that in all of the pictures of this mod the Trolley has a white stripe, but my Trolley has a black stripe. What could be causing this?
[im g]https://i.imgur.com/RQh0tLC.png[/img]

Thanks.
stripe color is color of the vehicle - try painting it?

bot>setForwardMovement tells the bot to move forward or backward, it must be powered off prior to caling the event. you  can test this with onBotSpawn > bot > powered > off, and a scheduled out onbotspawn > bot > setforwardmovement 1 second after

stripe color is color of the vehicle - try painting it?

bot>setForwardMovement tells the bot to move forward or backward, it must be powered off prior to caling the event. you  can test this with onBotSpawn > bot > powered > off, and a scheduled out onbotspawn > bot > setforwardmovement 1 second after
Thanks, those events worked for me.
As for the colour of the trolley, it stays black regardless of what colour I paint it. However, other people on the server can see it in the different colours. I don't know what the issue is but it must be something on my end.

Thanks, those events worked for me.
As for the colour of the trolley, it stays black regardless of what colour I paint it. However, other people on the server can see it in the different colours. I don't know what the issue is but it must be something on my end.
use minimum shaders or turn on download textures

use minimum shaders or turn on download textures
The trolley stays black on every shader level, and I have download textures enabled already although I'm not sure it matters since it's my own server that this is happening on and it isn't a dedicated server.

Bump by request.
thanks!

Version 1.1.5
+Increased track snap vectors to 4 (total 8 for a 90 degree turn). Should result in slightly smoother turns
+Fixed train controls not working
+Added experimental snap code to reduce jitter on ramps. Let me know if there's any bugs with the snapping.