[NEWS] Gunman Kills 12 in California Bar: Was an Ex-Marine with PTSD

Author Topic: [NEWS] Gunman Kills 12 in California Bar: Was an Ex-Marine with PTSD  (Read 5938 times)

ptsd is just an anxiety disorder. it can develop from any traumatic experience like abuse or even from just seeing your dog die. i know several people with PTSD and there's not really anything about their symptoms that would make them any threat. we shouldn't be so hasty to blame shootings on mental illness; it's a red herring distracting from the well-demonstrated gun problems in america
Otto you're a pretty smart guy but this has to be the dumbest thing you have ever posted. PTSD from having a dog die and PTSD from watching everyone die around you as someone tries to kill you are two significantly different things and should honestly be classified as different. There is no gun problem, it's a people with guns who shouldn't have guns problem.

ptsd is just an anxiety disorder. it can develop from any traumatic experience like abuse or even from just seeing your dog die. i know several people with PTSD and there's not really anything about their symptoms that would make them any threat. we shouldn't be so hasty to blame shootings on mental illness; it's a red herring distracting from the well-demonstrated gun problems in america
There's a difference between being traumatized to the point where your perception of reality can be warped so severely from a flashback that you go on a delirious murder spree due to something as scarring as war; and then there's a grieving as loving short termed as growing pains that three years later the pain is gone because you got a new damn dog. The fact you are comparing these things as similar things is boggling.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:06:42 PM by Nigel The Protagonist »

yeah i have a ptsd

pusillanimous individual
tearin'
super
dong

There's a difference between being traumatized to the point where your perception of reality can be warped so severely from a flashback that you go on a delirious murder spree due to something as scarring as war; and then there's a grieving as loving short termed as growing pains that three years later the pain is gone because you got a new damn dog. The fact you are comparing these things as similar things is boggling.
Otto you're a pretty smart guy but this has to be the dumbest thing you have ever posted. PTSD from having a dog die and PTSD from watching everyone die around you as someone tries to kill you are two significantly different things and should honestly be classified as different. There is no gun problem, it's a people with guns who shouldn't have guns problem.
his point was that it's still considered ptsd regardless of the severity. seriously though different people have different levels of sensitivity to stressful events in their life

yeah i have a ptsd

pusillanimous individual
tearin'
super
dong

ME TOO!!

I can’t find anything statistically stupider than saying PTSD can happen if your dog dies. If that’s the case then we all have PTSD. Right? Then we do have PTSD for fearing death. And then for getting into a fight.

I can’t find anything statistically stupider than saying PTSD can happen if your dog dies. If that’s the case then we all have PTSD. Right? Then we do have PTSD for fearing death. And then for getting into a fight.
You can actually get PTSD from sudden or gruesome deaths you witnessed first hand

his point was that it's still considered ptsd regardless of the severity. seriously though different people have different levels of sensitivity to stressful events in their life
I realize his point, but what I'm saying is that your dog dying shouldn't WON'T give you PTSD unless you already have a serious issue with your mental health, and even then it's not the cause of the disorder, its a trigger. It still is completely stupid to compare something like that to something as traumatizing as being a survivor of war, kidnappings, torturing, or a witness of something like a massacre or a loved one's gruesome murder.

I realize his point, but what I'm saying is that your dog dying shouldn't WON'T give you PTSD unless you already have a serious issue with your mental health, and even then it's not the cause of the disorder, its a trigger. It still is completely stupid to compare something like that to something as traumatizing as being a survivor of war, kidnappings, torturing, or a witness of something like a massacre or a loved one's gruesome murder.
listen if you live your whole life completely sheltered from bad things happening to you and the stufftiest thing in your life happens to you, no matter how stuffty it is it'll still get you pretty forgeted up

ptsd people shouldnt be allowed guns

woman gets raped -> develops ptsd -> is denied a gun to defend herself bc of ptsd

man gets mugged -> develops ptsd -> is denied a gun to defend himself bc of ptsd

Sounds like a good idea tbh, let's run it

we shouldn't be so hasty to blame shootings on mental illness; it's a red herring distracting from the well-demonstrated gun problems in america

you're right, the guns just grow an entire human to shoot themselves, guns are the issue, not the people behind them, if we got rid of guns no one would ever die ever

ptsd people shouldnt be allowed guns
imagine losing your rights because you endured a traumatic event
it's a red herring distracting from the well-demonstrated gun problems in america
dude this happened in one of the least gun-friendly states in the union.

brothers still think guns kill people

it's like trying to explain a lighter to a caveman