[NEWS] Gunman Kills 12 in California Bar: Was an Ex-Marine with PTSD

Author Topic: [NEWS] Gunman Kills 12 in California Bar: Was an Ex-Marine with PTSD  (Read 5984 times)

i still think my solution is the best solution
is your solution a final solution by any chance

I think people of any age should recieve a gun

Some people in this thread forget what PTSD actually stands for and what it means. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. You know, experiencing stress that simulates a traumatic event that has happened PRIOR.

Loud and sharp noises that simulates gun fire can be debilitating for a combat veteran or veteran officer.

Screaming and crying that simulates dying and injured people for medical personnel.

Screeching of tires or vehicles backfiring that simulates car accidents for people involved in car accidents.

The list goes on and on. Hence why it has a broad range of diagnosis.

The real problem America has isn't a gun control problem, it's a medical problem. Research into a lot of these incidents has nothing to do with how easily available weapons are, because weapons are everywhere. You can make a bomb out of fertilizer, Molotov roostertails at your local gas station, chlorine gas from bleach and vinegar. I'm not denying that we shouldn't have some logically stricter gun control, permits, certifications, etc. But saying that banning guns will solve this problem is only blinding yourself and those around you.
Almost all of these incidents revolve around medical problems, PTSD, mental illnesses, drug abuse. The United States has a poor track record taking care of these problems, rather just stimulating them. Under-funding the VA, Big Pharma, poor care for drug abusers, and a toxic masculinity-feminity (Not some SJW bullstuff, I'm talking about telling boys/girls it's not okay to cry, alpha-male bravado, or ignoring the emotions of boys/girls, or simple neglect.)

When I say almost, it's not just a generalization, some cases were motivated by something else: politics, money, greed.
This particular incident happens to be that of a former Marine with PTSD. A Machine Gunner in the Marines. Infantry jobs in the Marines are very harsh.

Millions of the people in the US own actual fire-arms, yet this country isn't a war zone. Yet millions of people in the US know someone with a debilitating illness and don't help.

is the states ever going to find out how to get children and mentally ill people away from guns?

is the states ever going to find out how to get children away from guns?

Are you loving handicapped

Let me expand upon this so you understand why the answer to that question is yes, you are

Children can't even own guns legally so idek what the forget you're on about

The term mentally ill covers too broad a spectrum of afflictions for anyone to go "you have a mental, no gun4u"

There's like a hundred guns to every US citizen or some insane ratio like that; for the last loving time, can you handicaps who don't even LIVE in the US stop talking out of your ass as if you understand ANYTHING about the gun situation and stop acting like the problem will go away if we just take all the guns and throw them in the ocean or something

forget me this is getting exhausting it's like talking to lobotomy patients
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 01:57:48 PM by Deus Ex »

i side with ceist here. if someone *really* wants to go and kill a bunch of people, they will find a way to do it regardless of whether guns are accessible or not. the issue is that america, to put it bluntly and generally, sucks at dealing with mental health issues that would lead a person into thinking they should perform a shooting in the first place.

Children can't even own guns legally so idek what the forget you're on about
a kid shot his grandmother and someone else like 2 days before this one because someone kept a gun in the house unsafely

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/05/us/arizona-boy-11-grandmother-shot/index.html

i dont care to respond to the rest i wanst gonna plan on defending my opinion because i dont care about american politics enough to debate about it here every night
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:03:54 PM by hootaloo »

a kid shot his grandmother and someone else like 2 days before this one because someone kept a gun in the house unsafely

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/05/us/arizona-boy-11-grandmother-shot/index.html

i dont care to respond to the rest i wanst gonna plan on defending my opinion because i dont care about american politics enough to debate about it here every night

Then shut the forget up if you're gonna make some dipstuff comments then bitch out from defending them when you get called out for it

A kid shot his grandmother and someone else because SOMEONE ELSE kept a gun in the house UNSAFELY

there are safety classes you take to get a gun permit and it's widely known you keep your guns LOCKED UP when you have children in the house so explain to me how it's the gun's fault some dipstuff cant keep his guns locked up?

nah i can make jokes about na being indecisive on solving their gun violence all i want

You aren't making jokes, you're making statements, but as usual, when the kitchen gets too hot you drop your stuff and start walking your comments back like the spineless little pusillanimous individual you are

You do this literally every time you try to comment on politics, someone calls you out and you go "uuh irdc" then you have a mental breakdown and everyone pats your back going "its okay uwu we get u have issues" forget off

Some people in this thread forget what PTSD actually stands for and what it means. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. You know, experiencing stress that simulates a traumatic event that has happened PRIOR.

Loud and sharp noises that simulates gun fire can be debilitating for a combat veteran or veteran officer.

Screaming and crying that simulates dying and injured people for medical personnel.

Screeching of tires or vehicles backfiring that simulates car accidents for people involved in car accidents.

The list goes on and on. Hence why it has a broad range of diagnosis.

The real problem America has isn't a gun control problem, it's a medical problem. Research into a lot of these incidents has nothing to do with how easily available weapons are, because weapons are everywhere. You can make a bomb out of fertilizer, Molotov roostertails at your local gas station, chlorine gas from bleach and vinegar. I'm not denying that we shouldn't have some logically stricter gun control, permits, certifications, etc. But saying that banning guns will solve this problem is only blinding yourself and those around you.
Almost all of these incidents revolve around medical problems, PTSD, mental illnesses, drug abuse. The United States has a poor track record taking care of these problems, rather just stimulating them. Under-funding the VA, Big Pharma, poor care for drug abusers, and a toxic masculinity-feminity (Not some SJW bullstuff, I'm talking about telling boys/girls it's not okay to cry, alpha-male bravado, or ignoring the emotions of boys/girls, or simple neglect.)

When I say almost, it's not just a generalization, some cases were motivated by something else: politics, money, greed.
This particular incident happens to be that of a former Marine with PTSD. A Machine Gunner in the Marines. Infantry jobs in the Marines are very harsh.

Millions of the people in the US own actual fire-arms, yet this country isn't a war zone. Yet millions of people in the US know someone with a debilitating illness and don't help.
this is good quote

You aren't making jokes, you're making statements, but as usual, when the kitchen gets too hot you drop your stuff and start walking your comments back like the spineless little pusillanimous individual you are

You do this literally every time you try to comment on politics, someone calls you out and you go "uuh irdc" then you have a mental breakdown and everyone pats your back going "its okay uwu we get u have issues" forget off
my statement was that america has to do something and i still stand by it

your country needs to do something, we're all waiting for it
then come up with an idea against it.
will there ever be a political party with a big enough richard to finally propose something in a manner louder than a soft whimper in the general direction of the issue?

find out next shooting

yes, this is my statement, it started with a joke, but if your opinion isnt that america has to solve this problem, any way whatsoever, then idk what is wrong with you lol

Where's the joke? It's all statements? And where the forget did I say we shouldn't do anything? I've said multiple times its a mental health issue

I'm done responding to you, you're not only handicapped but you also walk back everything you say when it becomes too inconvenient

what a loving pusillanimous individual, i couldve done that with two fingers

my statement was that america has to do something and i still stand by it

yes, this is my statement, it started with a joke, but if your opinion isnt that america has to solve this problem, any way whatsoever, then idk what is wrong with you lol
There's zero jokes in this entire quote wall. They're all just flat statements

will there ever be a political party with a big enough richard to finally propose something in a manner louder than a soft whimper in the general direction of the issue?

find out next shooting
here is the joke since you two apparently need it chewed out
sorry you two take everything as a political attack, its not black and white.

all this time you guys are spending energy on me because i posted this quote here, which i claimed was a joke, but besides what i claimed it was, its real meaning is to encourage change in where its needed, which deus agreed with, and i assume anyone else would.
a statement can be a joke even if its in bad taste, which this hardly was because these kind of jokes get made often these days.

so what is the problem? are these just angry responses because im not from there and i am making fun of your country? what motivates these outlashes while the inherent statement is right and something you agree with?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:31:28 PM by hootaloo »