[NEWS] Gunman Kills 12 in California Bar: Was an Ex-Marine with PTSD

Author Topic: [NEWS] Gunman Kills 12 in California Bar: Was an Ex-Marine with PTSD  (Read 5892 times)

A loving sports bar? Is nothing sacred anymore?

wow a 12 kill game now thats epic victory royale

listen if you live your whole life completely sheltered from bad things happening to you and the stufftiest thing in your life happens to you, no matter how stuffty it is it'll still get you pretty forgeted up
a dog dying wont get you pretty forgeted up, it'll just be a sad memory once you get a new one? nice try though

people with ptsd and other mental illnesses exist all over the world. why is it that only in america we see these shootings? the variable factor here is not mental illness, so it has to be something else. that's all i mean. the details of how or why people may develop PTSD are not relevant (for the record the cases i was referencing are legitimately diagnosed but it really doesn't matter). i made the reference to dog death as a potential example because it's important that people realize PTSD exists outside of war trauma, because those cases are often over-represented

also i kinda anticipate people still being stuck on the dog death thing so i'll agree that the example wasn't fleshed-out enough to be effective. i was thinking of more traumatic circumstances, e.g. witnessing a more gruesome kind of injury or health event leading up to the death, but i was wrong to assume my mind beams would magically reach everyone else. Please Forgive this Silly Lad
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:56:41 PM by otto-san »

A loving sports bar? Is nothing sacred anymore?
Next up, the local Denny's

Another mass shooting to distract us from the migrant caravan story because the jewish shooting wasn't enough to distract from the caravan.

Another mass shooting to distract us from the migrant caravan story because the jewish shooting wasn't enough to distract from the caravan.

ya the taco mondays did those shootings to distract us

people with ptsd and other mental illnesses exist all over the world. why is it that only in america we see these shootings? the variable factor here is not mental illness, so it has to be something else. that's all i mean. the details of how or why people may develop PTSD are not relevant (for the record the cases i was referencing are legitimately diagnosed but it really doesn't matter). i made the reference to dog death as a potential example because it's important that people realize PTSD exists outside of war trauma, because those cases are often over-represented

also i kinda anticipate people still being stuck on the dog death thing so i'll agree that the example wasn't fleshed-out enough to be effective. i was thinking of more traumatic circumstances, e.g. witnessing a more gruesome kind of injury or health event leading up to the death, but i was wrong to assume my mind beams would magically reach everyone else. Please Forgive this Silly Lad
Shootings happen all over the world, they are just more frequent in America because larger population. They aren't even that frequent though, maybe one large scale shooting every season or so. The thing is though that even if you account for population and try to compare countries it falls short when you realize the legal system is different for every country. 

Maybe it wouldn't be if Tumblrites stopped using PTSD as a synonym for "offended".
i dont mean to be rude but what is it with you? why do you at every turn always spout about all this sjw libral anti youtube weirdness? just chill.

California has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the US yet it did nothing to prevent this tragedy. There should be a higher focus on preventing the causes of these shootings rather than the means to commit them.

Next up, the local Denny's

Disgruntled Brony shoots up local Denny's, 339 dead. More at 11

it was probably just manbearpig

Some people in this thread forget what PTSD actually stands for and what it means. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. You know, experiencing stress that simulates a traumatic event that has happened PRIOR.

Loud and sharp noises that simulates gun fire can be debilitating for a combat veteran or veteran officer.

Screaming and crying that simulates dying and injured people for medical personnel.

Screeching of tires or vehicles backfiring that simulates car accidents for people involved in car accidents.

The list goes on and on. Hence why it has a broad range of diagnosis.

The real problem America has isn't a gun control problem, it's a medical problem. Research into a lot of these incidents has nothing to do with how easily available weapons are, because weapons are everywhere. You can make a bomb out of fertilizer, Molotov roostertails at your local gas station, chlorine gas from bleach and vinegar. I'm not denying that we shouldn't have some logically stricter gun control, permits, certifications, etc. But saying that banning guns will solve this problem is only blinding yourself and those around you.
Almost all of these incidents revolve around medical problems, PTSD, mental illnesses, drug abuse. The United States has a poor track record taking care of these problems, rather just stimulating them. Under-funding the VA, Big Pharma, poor care for drug abusers, and a toxic masculinity-feminity (Not some SJW bullstuff, I'm talking about telling boys/girls it's not okay to cry, alpha-male bravado, or ignoring the emotions of boys/girls, or simple neglect.)

When I say almost, it's not just a generalization, some cases were motivated by something else: politics, money, greed.
This particular incident happens to be that of a former Marine with PTSD. A Machine Gunner in the Marines. Infantry jobs in the Marines are very harsh.

Millions of the people in the US own actual fire-arms, yet this country isn't a war zone. Yet millions of people in the US know someone with a debilitating illness and don't help.