Nintendo sues rom sites for 12 million

Author Topic: Nintendo sues rom sites for 12 million  (Read 3101 times)

To be honest we would have never known about Hong Kong 97 the greatest NES game ever created that destroyed 1.2 Billion forgetin' Reds had it not been discovered by a forgetin' red.

not if they don't sell the game anymore you brainlet
It depends

you seem shut up

lol that was just sad, you made the comparison in the first place to say he's victim blaming and then when he tried to run with your stuffty brown townogy you tried to turn it on him

kinda sucks for the ppl who wanted to play the games and either didnt wanna pay a huge price for them, or simply couldnt get them anywhere else. It's nintendo's stuff tho so they can do whatever they want it it, im ok with that.

Is it a loss of profit when the item in question isn't even being produced and sold by the company anymore? If anything the resale of the product is theft, the money that goes to the third party seller could have gone to the company had the company continued to produce the item. Reselling of the product by a non licensed reseller for more than it's MSRP steals potential profit.

Isn't a rom or emulation a recreation of a product anyway? That would classify it as a forgery.

Edit: I guess Nintendo takes those down too either way.

lol forget nintendo I wanted to play earthbound and that was the only way I could play it

Seriously it's their fault for not putting it on the forgetin internet

inb4 "They couldn't do that" of course they could if some random people on the internet could

Wait I though earthbound had a 3ds port

Nintendo isn't suing all ROM sites, It just won 12 million from an Arizona man who ran a site called "LoveROMS". Here's what the page has now.

Apology to Nintendo
Our website, LoveROMS.com/LoveRetro.co, previously offered and performed unauthorized copies of Nintendo games, in violation of Nintendo’s copyrights and trademarks. LoveROMS.com/LoveRetro.co acknowledges that it caused harm to Nintendo, its partners, and customers by offering infringing copies of Nintendo games and has agreed to cease all such activities. To access legitimate Nintendo games online, please visit www.nintendo.com for information about the Nintendo Game Store.

any internet detectives here to confirm

there was one website i remember where you could play rom games in your browser

If Nintendo dislikes rom sites so much then they should try providing a service thats on par/better.

It's a shame a virtual console of the Switch would've been the best they've ever pushed out.