stupid stuff you used to think as a newbie

Author Topic: stupid stuff you used to think as a newbie  (Read 6944 times)

i first joined when BL didnt download item models, so things u didnt have downloaded just looked like recolored default items. I joined a l4b server and found a shotgun that was a white default sword, and was like "why did the guy who made this use a sword model for a gun? what a weirdo"

Back in earlier BL days, you didn't download models for addons you didn't have. Say the host has a private weapon set, all the weapons would look like recolored default items to you

I never knew about the single player server so when I went to the caravan I never use to close down my laptop and when I lost the server or my blockalnd crashed I thought I couldn't play block land until I had internet! (I was 11)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:57:46 PM by Daniel.S »

hmm i picked up blockland pretty fast so this isnt really what the title is saying but i didnt know CTRL+E has you go backwards a column in the paint selector until like 2 years ago

for some reason thought dedicated servers autosaved, came surprised to find an empty server upon restarting it after probably 80+ hours of up time.

I remember way back then, probably around late 2010 or early 2011, I never understood how to install addons because I was a stupid kid. All my friends had addons and they always said the same thing but I never understood it so I kept thinking that to install addons, you had to save someone's build that had addons in it.

i used to think that this was a thriving game

...that i could plant billion of bricks (lel)

Edit: (forgot that this is only for Blockland) I thought that super kart was gonna change everything
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:39:55 PM by cblock360 »

i used to think the duplicator was completely and utterly useless and for lazy builders (lol)
if you use the duplicator ur a noob

god the old green and cyan duplicators dont even seem real compared to the newdup

I always thought builds not built on a baseplate was ok starting out since I treated the bedroom map floor as one giant baseplate

thought tony was fine but MAN WAS I WRONG

hmm i picked up blockland pretty fast so this isnt really what the title is saying but i didnt know CTRL+E has you go backwards a column in the paint selector until like 2 years ago
WHAT