New Years 2019 (120 Players)

Author Topic: New Years 2019 (120 Players)  (Read 35147 times)

If you want to use my weird music streaming thing I sorta made for last year's server, let me know. If you want to just do in-game music that's fine too, I know my thing turned out to not work as well as we had all hoped; but it was also nice to be able to play full-length high quality music without anybody needing to download music in-game. It's also moderately improved since last year too, so some weird issues from last year are fixed. You have me on discord so just let me know.

IIRC, unless i'm mistaking last year for the year before that, there was a lot of fighting and petty arguments that happened behind the scenes that led to there being two New Years servers, one that i think was hosted by the clique, which was just a loud, chaotic meme-fest (the build was great though), and Momentum's server, whom hosted some of the previous New Years servers, that was pretty much deserted despite his (and a few others) efforts, so he ended up shutting the server down since everyone was more interested in the clique's server
it's a longer story but there actually wasn't any fighting that led to two new years servers, just the falling out of a few members in a group. from my understanding both parties weren't even in contact by the time clique started new years 2018, the other guys started working on theirs when they caught wind of it. we started especially early and had different concepts we couldn't pursue due to time like the city working as a frontal facade for an entire campaign where players had to raid a flying japanese castle full of hazards and unique boss encounters

What is this red hell that looms above everything and should we be worried?

this year we have a giant ceiling instead of a ball dropping. it moves really slowly and if you stand really still you might just catch it in motion

nor jwory

to cover the server preview we did in new years 2017

Can't you use /setpreviewcenter?

doesnt always update the picture on the website, and that seems to happen semi-randomly so its safer just to cover it.

So uh can we get an update on this?

Will you be taking music requests?

updates soon
Will you be taking music requests?
yes ofc
the theme is a 20th century cityscape—you don’t gotta fit to that obviously but if you’ve got something that’d be good for it by all means suggest it
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 11:24:15 AM by Drydess »

yes ofc
the theme is a 20th century cityscape—you don’t gotta fit to that obviously but if you’ve got something that’d be good for it by all means suggest it
Alright, i have some loops that might work; Animal City, Exceeder (which was used in previous years, but i think i've updated it since then to be longer), Never Come Down, Party Hard, Rundfunk - A Dream, and Stamp on the Ground