medieval fantasy games suck

Author Topic: medieval fantasy games suck  (Read 3719 times)

if you wanna play a really good RPG, that is more than a game, you best play Deus ex 1. The original deus ex is the best story driven game I've ever seen the writing is so well thought and it actually predicted 9/11 as well as other things such as the Facebook data scandal. You might not like it on your first play through because of the various gameplay mechanics as well as the engine being a bit outdated but it's just an amazing game overall. Play it, forget all this medieval stuff, deus ex is something else

i dont understand what it is then. every single piece of artwork ive seen for it makes it look like a medieval fantasy game. what makes it not one?
theres no defined time period, its entirely fantasy. some artwork of specific locations may be partially gothic/medieval architecture inspired, but of all the 140+ champs and 6-8 major regions, only one of each can be arguably called medieval/heavily medival inspired

ik this might be much for you to take a look at, but you might be interested in the map the lore writers and artists put together. it should clarify why it isnt medieval fantasy and rather just pure fantasy

https://map.leagueoflegends.com/en_US

highly suggest bilgewater and piltover as places to start in cause imo the art from both regions are the best

my medieval fantasy blockland game is cool

Medieval fantasy is bloated beyond recognition in game culture, so I understand why you're sick of it.

I do not enjoy massive rpgs, so it's a drawback for me too.

The Witcher series should be really good, but it's yet another medieval fantasy rpg that I don't have the time playing.

There are some medieval fantasy games that are not rpgs that I enjoy, like Heroes of might and magic and Battle for Wesnoth. They are both turnbased games.

The Witcher series should be really good, but it's yet another medieval fantasy rpg that I don't have the time playing.
unrelated but this reminds me i also played BoTW which by my standard is medieval fantasy and i loved it. should i just play witcher 3 or start from the first/second one? keep in mind im trying not to bore myself here.

For actualy medieval fantasy, Mount and Blade and Kingdom Come are really loving good.

unrelated but this reminds me i also played BoTW which by my standard is medieval fantasy and i loved it. should i just play witcher 3 or start from the first/second one? keep in mind im trying not to bore myself here.
witcher 3. its like two weeks of continuous gaming content for the price of a standard aaa game without dlc

For actualy medieval fantasy, Mount and Blade and Kingdom Come are really loving good.

Kingdom come isn't fantasy lol

Deathtrap Dungeon is pretty good for fantasy medieval.

How is BotW entertaining to you but not Skyrim, Dark Souls, and Monster Hunter?

You haven't played a Fantasy Medieval game until you've played through and beaten both Dragon's Dogma and the Dark Arisen Expansion, which now is sold as the main game on steam.

The visuals are a little dated, but the combat, mechanics, and technical whatnot over your pawns paired with a kinda good story leaves you with a game you can sink just about 300+ hours into if you're looking to fully complete it.

There's also the MMO which takes everything good about the first game and ramps it up to 11, but that's loving Japan only and you have to go through a heavy 8 step process to even get the game to boot and thats BEFORE applying the engrish patch. Both games are great and it's a shame capcom is too busy milking MH fans with their ((((""""Game"""")))) than actually making a proper sequel to a much beloved game.

btd might fit your medieval theme based on the others in the list, and is a pretty good classic
dungeon defenders is also fun, but the sequels are pretty eh

every game in a medieval fantasy setting is just completely overdone and boring. my brain has trained itself to just block out anything related to medieval fantasy because it knows how uncreative and uninteresting it is. the only problem is like every single loving video game in existence uses a medieval fantasy setting. i haven't found a single medieval fantasy game that ive played and had fun besides for honor.

is there a GOOD medieval fantasy game out there in this over-saturated genre? tell me please.
this really sounds like a you problem
it also really depends on what you think is a good game - is the core gameplay just something you'll never enjoy even with a different theme?
from your list it seems you don't like open world, moba, mmo, or topdown hack and slash games with the medieval theme, but what about without?

every single loving video game in existence uses a medieval fantasy setting
what about all the other themes? ie city themed games like GTA/watchdogs/division, or amusement parks like legoland/rollercoaster tycoon?
are these also suffering from similar issues of saturation?  pretty sure medieval is used a bit more though

edit: armello also looks cool, but not sure how good it actually is

i dont understand what it is then. every single piece of artwork ive seen for it makes it look like a medieval fantasy game. what makes it not one?
one of the older champions

and one of the newer sets of skins
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:06:06 PM by phflack »

dungeon defenders is grindy as forget tho, its not for everyone

from your list it seems you don't like open world, moba, mmo, or topdown hack and slash games with the medieval theme, but what about without?
thats the thing though, i LOVE these type of games (except mobas forget mobas)