Author Topic: got my truck stuck in ditch today. AMA (UPDATE PG2)  (Read 3066 times)

this was the interstate home after getting the truck free.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:32:33 PM by Ceist »

What's your mother's maiden name and your favorite four digit number?

What's your mother's maiden name and your favorite four digit number?
Trombley and 7777

was it cold outside
a little

If I had to live in that climate i would probably ceist to exist

we gamers need your credit card number, expiration date, and the three digit security code on the back to save our truck

how'd you manage that
so, i left for work around 5:45 AM. my place of work currently is 47 miles from where i live (also in the middle of nowhere). Roughly 50 minutes of driving time. Well we had an unexpected blizzard that night/early morning, but the interstate and highways weren't closed so i left anyways. I got to work at 6:45 (we start at 7AM); no one showed up. i waited about 30 minutes before saying forget it and going home. 7:30-ish i pull out onto the gravel road and i'm driving northbound. i start sliding the left and immediately recognize that im going off the road, but it's too late to correct it because my momentum is carrying me on ice and snow. so then i hit the ditch. whatevs, no big deal, been in worse. so i ramp my 4x4 into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE and end up loving myself by digging myself into it even further.

i got out of the ditch at 10:45AM. roadside assistance couldn't help me, nor could the police/state patrol. had to call my brother to get a friend of his with his truck to tug me out. which we did, so thankfully i still have my truck and it's not damaged.

-snip-
North Dakota

we gamers need your credit card number, expiration date, and the three digit security code on the back to save our truck
"our" truck???

did u die
when i walked outside of my truck to check the exhausts and drive train, almost. -9 degrees outside. -23 with the windchill. forgetin cold man, wish i had a proper face mask instead of the turtle neck of my coat.

If I had to live in that climate i would probably ceist to exist
what do u mean, this is fun.

shouldve gotten one of them fer be fer chevralays