The forums look like stuff ---- Put two minutes in to at least color coat it.

Author Topic: The forums look like stuff ---- Put two minutes in to at least color coat it.  (Read 2933 times)

I don't understand why they look like this now, it just looks lazy, we've lost all the blocky all colors all everything this it literally a fresh install on a server.

I understand we can change the look with chrome addons ourselves but if you're trying to kill this place let one of us take the torch rather then burning it down. Badspot, Blockland looks like you've tried to strangle it rather then leave it in a good place.

I don't understand why they look like this now, it just looks lazy, we've lost all the blocky all colors all everything this it literally a fresh install on a server.

I understand we can change the look with chrome addons ourselves but if you're trying to kill this place let one of us take the torch rather then burning it down. Badspot, Blockland looks like you've tried to strangle it rather then leave it in a good place.
if you didnt get the memo, badspot barely cares about the game anymore and would actually prefer to wash his hands of it. that said, hes willing to keep the forums going as long as the game still has players.

the forum change was because of an exploit on the original smf 1.2 (?) forcing badspot to update, and the original blf theme being incompatible with the updated smf 2.0. in addition, since he hackily stripped certain features from the forum, using a theme out of the box from the smf themes available (theres one similar to the old blf) might cause issues, and im pretty sure that's why he hasnt put in any theme to replace the default one.

It'd be nice to at least have the forum logo back

if you didnt get the memo, badspot barely cares about the game anymore and would actually prefer to wash his hands of it. that said, hes willing to keep the forums going as long as the game still has players.

the forum change was because of an exploit on the original smf 1.2 (?) forcing badspot to update, and the original blf theme being incompatible with the updated smf 2.0. in addition, since he hackily stripped certain features from the forum, using a theme out of the box from the smf themes available (theres one similar to the old blf) might cause issues, and im pretty sure that's why he hasnt put in any theme to replace the default one.
Then maybe he should sell off the game to someone who does care.

Then maybe he should sell off the game to someone who does care.
for instance...

for instance...
what? are you telling me people dont just come out of thin air to buy ancient lego games that undersold because of toddlers and a toxic community?

what? are you telling me people dont just come out of thin air to buy ancient lego games that undersold because of toddlers and a toxic community?
what on earth makes you think that??

the color scheme looks 100x better than the old blf. This is a very neutral layout with easy on the eyes palette. The old one was some disgusting shade of blue that burns your eyes.

Anyone who prefers the old layout is literally under 16 years old and wants to seem like they've been around a while by making random nods to the old layout. Same people who jerk each other off on b4v21

that undersold because of toddlers and a toxic community?
do people actually believe this game sold poorly because of the community LOOOOOL

edit; LOOOL how embarrassing
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:39:45 PM by tgawt »

the color scheme looks 100x better than the old blf. This is a very neutral layout with easy on the eyes palette. The old one was some disgusting shade of blue that burns your eyes.

Anyone who prefers the old layout is literally under 16 years old and wants to seem like they've been around a while by making random nods to the old layout. Same people who jerk each other off on b4v21

But I'm literally over 16 and want to seem like I've been around a while

what now?

This forum theme is devoid of soul just like the game itself

I partially want to say that sounds like projection, but that's probably my bias given how many themes I made for the old blf.

However the site does look rather generic now, I've made a theme edit reflecting what the BLF used to look like and I know it's somewhere around here. However I'm done making themes for the BLF, as far I'm concerned this forum and game are nearing the end of their lives.

This forum theme is devoid of soul just like the game itself
hurr durr im gay and forget life and happiness

hurr durr im gay and forget life and happiness

shut up bedpost