Author Topic: Apex Legends - Season 2 :)  (Read 16565 times)

how do you always manage to argue up a loving strawman mr bones

just make a cosmetic store with no timed stuff & other weird exclusivity. make the cooler items more expensive if you have to but no random exclusivity, it's anti consumer and prestigious items like that should come from commitment to the game.
E.g Payday 2's difficulty masks, giving you real prestige to show off if you beat every single mission on maximum difficulty. Or Black Ops 1's gold camo that was super expensive AND you needed max prestige level.
unfortunately those who can afford the time to play the game to get to that prestigious/skillful level tend not to be the ones who have the money to pay for these cosmetics. people who make lots of money generally dont want to spend a ton of time "getting good" just to get cosmetics - this kind of stuff is a middle ground between "no exclusivity cosmetics at all" and "rewarding players for playing a decent amount"
how do you always manage to argue up a loving strawman mr bones
its not like hes wrong. battle pass enables low-disposable-income players to "earn" top tier cosmetics while people with the dosh can just pay for it.

i didnt say he was wrong, i said that it had 0 relevance to what i was arguing about.

back to the original argument:

player wants good stuff but has money? here, cash shop, buy that 50 euro skin if you want, its so loving fancy, but realize that other people with 50 euro can have it too.
want exclusivity? show off skill, not money. grind bitch, grind this game if you want to show prestige then show that you really are good at this game.

bitch there is a 50 50 chance i get kicked from public payday 2 lobbies because my mask is that loving hard to get
. thats a forgetin item right there. What do I get when I see some pleb with a Battle scarred dragon lore? a limp loving richard

edit to admit that i will die for this gameplay theory you will not change my mind that prestige should relate to skill and not wallet size
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:29:29 PM by sleep »

i dont understand what your issue is

i dont understand what your issue is
battlepasses and timed stores are anti-consumer as they promote exclusivity in trade for money instead of skill.
F2P - but especially paid games - should stay away from battlepasses and instead open an unlocked storefront for their cosmetic items, and keep the exclusive cosmetic items for events, giveaways, achievements, tournaments, or other jobs that require effort and time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:38:32 PM by sleep »

battlepasses and timed stores are anti-consumer as they promote exclusivity in trade for money instead of skill.
F2P - but especially paid games - should stay away from battlepasses and instead open an unlocked storefront for their cosmetic items, and keep the exclusive cosmetic items for events, giveaways, achievements, tournaments, or other jobs that require effort and time.
But these games do offer that, getting to high enough tier to get a specific skin you really dig is an achievement. Holiday based cosmetics are an event, too.

If you really care for the game you'll dedicate yourself to get these 'exclusive' items. Battle passes last like 3 months, and you have all the time in the world to buy them. If you didn't get in on the battle pass, tough luck for you I guess.

I disagree, the exclusivity hardly exists in these games because the passes are around for months.

Why do you think a FREE game would give you free yet also cool cosmetics just for being good? The games you're mentioning that use 'skill' exclusivity are full 60 dollar games, or were at one point. No free game I know of gives you good stuff for free, this is how they make money. If you want all the stuff on a battle pass you have to play regularly to earn EXP on the pass, or pay for tiers to get it quicker. Most of the people who buy the passes play the game regularly so earning all the stuff really isn't an issue. I don't really understand your obsession with needing skill-locked cosmetics to get the feeling you're better than everyone at the game you're playing.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:44:22 PM by Mr. Bones »

Why do you think a FREE game would give you free yet also cool cosmetics just for being good?
because this is a thing in videogames? i could give you a list of free games that do this.

tough luck for you I guess.
is this rlly what a player should be hearing? and correct me if im wrong but dont u need to also _buy_ a battlepass and only _then_ do you get access to grind for cool stuff? the free version has way less cool stuff and all too?

because this is a thing in videogames? i could give you a list of free games that do this.
is this rlly what a player should be hearing? and correct me if im wrong but dont u need to also _buy_ a battlepass and only _then_ do you get access to grind for cool stuff? the free version has way less cool stuff and all too?
There are free games that give you valuable cosmetics for free? Really, show me games that do this. Only ones I can think of are TF2, DOTA, and CSGO, but these cosmetic items are you get out of pure luck are not really sought after.

The free pass offers a few free things, including some vbucks - but not much. Free pickaxes and bags, they don't give outfits or anything for free. The developers are not going to hand out cosmetic stuff, you know the thing their entire source of income is founded upon, for free. I don't know why this is news to you.

Me and some friends own a public Apex discord (former fortnite discord) and anyone who plays apex is free to join. I encourage people to join if they need ppl to squad up with.

https://discord.gg/2SVJanp

also i am always looking to play apex so don't hesitate to mention my username in the general chat of you want to play (except when I'm offline of course)

battlepass is so stuff I cant even talk myself into the purchase

i buy black ops 4 for my friends to finally have a better br than pubg and my brothers respawn entertainment drop this game like hey its free btw
add me brother

Me and some friends own a public Apex discord (former fortnite discord) and anyone who plays apex is free to join. I encourage people to join if they need ppl to squad up with.

https://discord.gg/2SVJanp

also i am always looking to play apex so don't hesitate to mention my username in the general chat of you want to play (except when I'm offline of course)
everybody join i need more ppl to squad with

trog is desperate guys cmon join his discord
hes gonna die of old age just waiting