Author Topic: Earthbound/Mother series  (Read 5769 times)

Mother 2 was heavily edited before it's NA release, and 3 would be too.  The games are filled with lewd and homoloveual references. There's even a lot about brown town love with children in 3. I believe in 2 Ness and Jeff get raped by Mexicans.
lolwut

Mother 2 was heavily edited before it's NA release, and 3 would be too.  The games are filled with lewd and homoloveual references. There's even a lot about brown town love with children in 3. I believe in 2 Ness and Jeff get raped by Mexicans.
Partially true, at least about editing. It wasn't heavily edited, just changed a few references to alcohol to coffee, and took out some stuff that Americans wouldn't understand, but the sodomy stuff was never there.

Funny post, though.

Partially true, at least about editing. It wasn't heavily edited, just changed a few references to alcohol to coffee, and took out some stuff that Americans wouldn't understand, but the sodomy stuff was never there.

Funny post, though.

Don't forget about the HH on the Happy happy people

BLUE BLUE!

Has anyone here but me actually played these underrated gems? I've played Earthbound, But I never beat it, Since my comp's hard drive went kablooey a few months ago, So my save state was gone, I've just started with Mother 3, i kinda like it, though I'm pretty much lost since the crazy space language is unreadable.
Also,

DO WHAT YOU WANT COS A PIRATE IS FREE
YOU ARE A PIRATE

I beat Earthbound.

SPOILERLOL

I always expected Pokey to be the villan, and he was: Sadly due to the total obliteration of all the evil in his heart Ness could not actually kill Pokey and thus Pokey is the main enemy in M3.

I also love how singing to Giguge in EB0 owns him: I mean, really.

"Oh god the situation's getting hopeless! This means I must sing!"
"Ooh, you're singing? Lemme sing too!"
"Yaaay, Singing!"
"Osh-"
"Take a melody..."
"AGH, MY BEJEEBUS!"
"Hey, that had an effect! We must sing more!"
"Yay!"
"Yay!"
"ONO"
(8 more turns of the song later)
"MY VITALS"
"We defeated an ultimate evil alien of death by singing! Yay!"
"How anticlimactic."

I think they reflected that in M3 by having Lucas and Co. be able to score additional attacks by bashing along to the rhythm of the song. For instance smacking an enemy once would do X damage, but than getting a full Rhythm Combo you'd deal twice that!

"OH CRAP IT'S THE ULTIMATE CHIMERA!"
"Rawr"
"We must SING!"
"Rawrosh-"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:06:03 PM by Bushido »

Mother 3 is for the GBA, but whatever. I'm still praying for a VC release of the first two or a ds cart with all three.

VCVCVC PLS