Author Topic: Capitalism Gamemode  (Read 714 times)

I've had this idea for a City RP of sorts, and I don't have the coding skills and knowledge of this game to pull it off. If someone skilled likes this idea, I would love to see it get put to use. 1x1 bricks would be money, then bigger bricks cost more depending on the size. Having more bricks of value on a lot would increase the property value, allowing you to rent it out to NPCs for residual income. Furthermore, there would be values assigned to the color palette, and three or four qualities of colors within the server that serve as a multiplier for value. (ex. brown bricks, black, grey are the welfare color palette, a 1x1 of these colors would be worth face value, but vibrant colors would be worth 2x, 3x, etc. based on their pre-set value.)

There are three or four areas of town that are segregated by class, and dilapidation occurs over time and a vibrant brick will eventually turn to a bland color and lose value if not taken care of by maintenance. If you have a vibrant build in the stuffty party of town it decreases your property value, but if you have an unkempt, uninhabited build, it can be claimed by a squatter and build rights and profit would go to them after a certain amount of time. To build in a nicer part of town you would have to purchase a deed at Town Hall. To keep properties in shape while you're offline, you can form alliances that share a money pool and builder's rights.

The idea is that there would be plenty of open space to use at the start of the game, but as time goes on properties are more scarce and cost more. If you are stuck with nothing and no income, then you would mine for bricks in the work pits until you can afford a lot in the stuffty part of town.