opi is IP tracking people

Author Topic: opi is IP tracking people  (Read 11885 times)

so many braindeads in this topic
that was a vpn... the fbi can trace it back and arrest him so yeah....
the picture was to dox that nibba for bringing jb down
vpns are specifically designed to keep you totally anonymous. so good luck with that
and, again, the location you find from an IP is totally wrong

i havent been even playing BL since new years 2018 but i come back and see this...

this is exactly like this guy who threatened to DDOS me and DOX me, and he did leak my IP around 5 hours ago about me blowing up people's homes in minecraft
yeah, minecraft

again, did opi actually get swatted or did a poor vpn service building get raided?

again, did opi actually get swatted or did a poor vpn service building get raided?
probably vpn

yeah, minecraft
In minecraft... The words that can say anything about people.

so many braindeads in this topicvpns are specifically designed to keep you totally anonymous. so good luck with that
and, again, the location you find from an IP is totally wrong
The police can go to your ISP and request information regarding your IP, specifically your exact coordinates. And he hasn't been using a VPN ever since he turned that computer on, his actual IP is logged somewhere and they definitely have it. I know this because I got in trouble for doing some stupid stuff regarding the internet freshman year, after a couple months after the incident the police came to me. Even with a VPN, they will get you eventually lol

vpn != vps, vpn is a tunnel so you access the internet through some proxy (usually some institution like a college campus, so you can access paid services that they provide to students free). vps is some server you purchase, not necessarily linked to your identity or your ip address (if you pay with a visa gift card, for example), usually in some datacenter somewhere alongside thousands of other servers.

vps is more difficult to track you - police have to issue a warrant to the server host to get your ip address and maybe your isp (which is complicated by the fact that all the traffic from the server comes from the same or similar ip's and may not necessarily be linkable back to a single account), then issue a warrant to various ips for your personal info. generally not worth unless you're some big seeder or something. most vpns on the other hand can and do associate all your traffic with your ip address, and so are able to turn over that info on demand much more easily.

also take what i said with a grain of salt - this is my very general understanding of the differences between vps/vpn. i'm not an expert, but what i said should be approximately true.

Basically all half-decent vpn services have no-logging policies. You're basically getting ripped off if they have any logging at all that can trace you back to your account with them.

from what it sounds like, mr bones was on his college/school’s vpn, which probably does have a logging policy since they dont want to be liable for allowing pirating. but i guess that makes sense for third party services.

from what it sounds like, mr bones was on his college/school’s vpn, which probably does have a logging policy since they dont want to be liable for allowing pirating. but i guess that makes sense for third party services.
No I used a personal VPN, what I did was at home on my cellphone at the time. Don't remember the VPN's name for it was 3 years ago.

In the United States, the people that take part in DDoS attacks run the risk of being charged with legal offenses at the federal level, both criminally and civilly. The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) is the applicable law (18 U.S.C. §1030). For a person to violate the CFAA, he has to intentionally cause damages to a computer system part of interstate or foreign commerce (18 U.S.C. § 1030(a)(5)(A)) (http://www.technicallylegal.org/the-legality-of-denial-of-service-attacks/, 2010). Attempted DDoS attacks may also be prosecuted (http://users.atw.hu/denialofservice/ch08lev1sec2.html).
Apparently opi has to be intentionally loving up computers for it to be considered illegal. Anyways since he's apparently using LOIC i'll explain that it's a open-source software mostly used for DoSing stuff, not DDoSing meaning it's likely that he's only attacking the servers with one IP.

Anyways, if you guys did really swat opi or what could even be a random family then you are loving handicapped and you might get loving arrested over it.

ddos'ing is illegal PERIOD doesnt matter if it harms the computer or not

How does somebody even have time to DDoS a server on a Lego building game if they're getting pusillanimous individual 24/7

so whats the current eta of when this handicap runs out of lunch money so i can keep playing the loving game