Borderlands 3 to be an epic store exclusive

Author Topic: Borderlands 3 to be an epic store exclusive  (Read 3770 times)

Steam has reviews, sales, events, communities, friends lists, groups, discussions, workshop, art work, screenshot uploads and even an actual search feature.

Tell me steam is barebones and comparable to epic after that.
oh we're talking about steam as a social platform not a launcher. you should clarify that next time because there's a huge difference between a game launcher and a game-oriented facebook clone. i'd make a really valid argument right here but instead i'm going to call to irony and point out that you're actually posting on the blockland forum instead of posting on steam's blockland community discussion. you clearly aren't lazy enough to navigate to a third party community page which takes less than 3 seconds so i don't know why doing the same for an epic games exclusive is such a painful experience for you

you're basically upselling a swiss army knife over a knife. sure the swiss army knife contains 30 different bullstuff tools that you will never actually use but each of those tools is cutrate and dull. if you're someone like me who just likes to cut things then you'll buy a knife because a knife will cut better than a swiss army knife will, anyday. and then god forbid you ever need one of those 30 tools, you can always just run to the store and pick up what you need. it'll still be of higher quality than your 30 in 1

steam has the most barebones community hub. the forum is cheap, the workshop is cheap, the reviews are cheap. it just has a lot of poorly made everything. normal people will use discord to talk to friends. they'll use nexusmods to download mods. they'll use forums for community discussion. check metacritic for reviews. and hopefully use epic games store to buy games. all of these tools by themselves are individually superior than steam's conglomerate of community hub features
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:16:06 PM by PhantOS »

seeing you guys argue feels like seeing a millenial argue with some geezer about the value of smartphones. neither is wrong but the goals of each side is misguided. whatever the pros and cons of egs, its clearly here to stay considering fortnite’s mainstream reach, and you cant argue it to go away. exclusives will exist as long as multiple platforms exist, and calling egs out on being aggressive about it wont change reality (the fact it’s happening and its successful - see metro exodus) and the market’s impassive decisionmaking
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:33:26 PM by Conan »

PC gamers will know the agony of exclusives

fallout new vegas to be an epic store exclusive

steam has the most barebones community hub. the forum is cheap, the workshop is cheap, the reviews are cheap. it just has a lot of poorly made everything. normal people will use discord to talk to friends. they'll use nexusmods to download mods. they'll use forums for community discussion. check metacritic for reviews. and hopefully use epic games store to buy games. all of these tools by themselves are individually superior than steam's conglomerate of community hub features
bro can't even say this with a straight face lmao.

whatever, this bullstuff will bite them in the ass eventually

i'm mostly annoyed at denying it from being on a convenient platform
for the division i enjoyed it, despite only launching through uplay, because they had it on the steam store and launching the game through steam did everything needed to launch uplay and then the division
while for the division 2 it's a pain because i don't keep uplay running 24/7, but now i have to launch it before launching the game
pretty sure steam even kept div1 up to date

i would also be a lot more fine with exclusive deals over exclusive rights to sell
having it be marked down 20% on the epic game store would be fine, or if they did it similar to div1 where it can launch from steam and open epic's launcher to launch the game

Also the profit split margin "make vs. break" ratio is negligible, in that, the potential profits of steam are higher in some cases than the epic/origin/discord fiasco on the fact that steam is widely known and is still viewed more than all other game media platforms combined. They're losing more money from exposure, or the lack thereof. And no one is forcing producers, publishers, or indie startups to put their products on steam, because they know about the split, they're aware and they're accepting of that. In their world, in order to break even from thousands of hours of development, in order to make a sale, you need one thing. Viewership.
Also the profit split margin "make vs. break" ratio is negligible, in that, the potential profits of steam are higher in some cases than the epic/origin/discord fiasco on the fact that steam is widely known and is still viewed more than all other game media platforms combined. They're losing more money from exposure, or the lack thereof. And no one is forcing producers, publishers, or indie startups to put their products on steam, because they know about the split, they're aware and they're accepting of that. In their world, in order to break even from thousands of hours of development, in order to make a sale, you need one thing. Viewership.

did you literally just copy and paste all that? or messed up the quote?

love that this is the april fools thread

Bending the rules of time, space and reality to make my april fools joke real is the ultimate april fools joke