What are you think of brickadia

Author Topic: What are you think of brickadia  (Read 19278 times)

welcome to animal planet. ill be your host.
here we see players who missed the massive key drops and/or got banned from the server in their natural habitat where they jerk off to how the devs are losers or whatever
shut up

welcome to animal planet. ill be your host.
here we see players who missed the massive key drops and/or got banned from the server in their natural habitat where they jerk off to how the devs are losers or whatever
Yeah so like imagine brown nosing this hard because someone handed you a key to a game with no content or players because they wanted you to test it for them

Nobody in this thread has complained about the private/limited beta so far, the fact y'all keep bringing it up says more about you than anyone else
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:06:05 PM by Naruto Uzumaki »

-snip- 😔

Don't worry guys, mod support is coming at the end of the development cycle
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:32:08 PM by Naruto Uzumaki »

people who have played blockland or been on the forums shouldnt be making a blockland successor or w/e they want to call it

yall seem to have tons of fun harping on the playercount and mod support
1. of course everyone stopped playing it, it's a beta test, players play when it is updated and when updates are not being released everyone stops playing
2. the current focus right now is to make the game work and be fun without having 0layers do anything, modding comes later. plus modding rn would be stupid as it's a beta and the game could be completely reworked in a flash and all the old mods would burn to a crisp
3  this is unreal you just can't do the same stuff you can do by bending torque to its limits
4. the game isn't released yet for a reason of course it has little content game development isn't just pressing a  utton and having all the content be finished at once

yall are acting like this is the finished product

yall are acting like this is the finished product

It's not impossible to predict where the game is going based off what we know about Brickadia and what the devs have said and compare it to Blockland. Just because something has mod support, doesn't mean it will be good. Good mod support is something that's taken into account and maintained from step one. The Brickadia devs have already admitted many things won't be possible on Unreal, and that mod support will only take priority at/near the end of the development cycle, which means that they're going to be implementing mod support on-top of the spaghetti ramen bowl blueprints I saw earlier today. That's never a recipe for success.

Mod support is the core of Blockland's success, without a doubt. Afterthought mod support will never compare to Blockland. You're going from Torque, an engine that was designed from the ground up with polymorphism in mind, to Unreal, which, uh, wasn't. I can't pull direct sources from the developers because they hide from the Blockland spotlight as much as possible (they want to sell this game for money after all) but I know what we're going to have is very limited. Saying Unreal doesn't have mod support is an exaggeration but it will never hold a candle to what we have with Blockland.

I will give credit where it's due because Zeblote is a talented programmer but how many months did it take them to make a shotgun and pistol lol? This is an engine that comes with FPS templates. My hopes are not up.

My biggest problem here is that most people just don't give a stuff and are going to fall for Pretty Graphics and Awesome Sideways Building because it has 'potential' and it's going to splinter Blockland's already dead playerbase further

it would be cool if you could play russian roulette in it so then i could die because i have very bad luck

My biggest problem here is that most people just don't give a stuff and are going to fall for Pretty Graphics and Awesome Sideways Building because it has 'potential' and it's going to splinter Blockland's already dead playerbase further
Blockland lost it's fanbase to stufftier games like Brickadia, you can do all of this in Blockland with just a few Add-ons, FPS doesn't count as why it's much better either, it's clearly your computer and your internet's fault for lag.

-snip-

Don't worry guys, mod support is coming at the end of the development cycle
Who the forget even codes like this? This is the messiest code I've ever seen in my whole entire life, even compared to my UE4 test games.

Who the forget even codes like this? This is the messiest code I've ever seen in my whole entire life, even compared to my UE4 test games.

should've seen the block I had to snip out lol

2. the current focus right now is to make the game work and be fun without having 0layers do anything, modding comes later. plus modding rn would be stupid as it's a beta and the game could be completely reworked in a flash and all the old mods would burn to a crisp
mod support, like netcode, isn't something you just stick into your game at any given point in time and expect it to work. mod support needs to be the primary focus from the start of development cycle to finish, and the game needs to be built on its own mod support system. this is how torque and blockland were built. mod support is a scalability problem and if scalability isn't the primary focus of all of your design patterns then eventually the project will reach a point in its lifetime when the programmers will be forced to remake everything in order to have it scale to the bigger scope.

games like minecraft are a prime example of how mod support as an afterthought results in a terrible modding pipeline with multiple incompatibilities and poor debugging because everything was designed and coupled together as-is without the intention of there being external logic. it took the devs until 2017-2018 to design a consistent mod support system

given that the brickadia devs are all unpaid adults, the poor planning will eventually catch up to them and they'll have no choice but to just cut their losses and stick with unreal's built in mod support. at that point its safe to say the game will have no mod support because unreal's mod support is a trainwreck. you, as a modder, will have to choose between writing hacky dll injections that root around in and change the virtual memory of the game, or using scratch level blueprints that will only afford you 1% as much control over the game's logic as dlls
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:46:03 AM by PhantOS »