is medieval roleplay lame

Poll

c

yea
nay
idk

Author Topic: is medieval roleplay lame  (Read 6044 times)

You are able to do just that, in-fact it's highly encouraged. The only exceptions to these are the ones that the players themselves limit off.
That's the point of a role play, your ability to create your own story and character that follows server guidelines and you do have the ability to explore the server, it isn't considered an issue.
If that's the case, then why was I banned in 2017 for 'failrp' when all I was doing was walking around the build? Pretty inconsistent administration.

I like the concept and appreciate what the creators are trying to do, but being pulled into a sit every time you sneeze is a real party pooper. There needs to be a better way to deal with conflict so players aren't left helplessly praying the current admin isn't on a power trip.

Coming from a regular player of Medieval RP, I notice that most people who claim the server is trash, have bad admins, etc tend to be problematic users or one of those behavioral players that minge on other servers to benefit their own. It makes no sense to call a server trash, biased, or unfair when you joined the server to misbehavior and get banned in the first place.

I've only ever behaved like this with Drought because of how stuffty the server was, but when I actually tried MRP, the admin's were intolerable whenever I came across a server bug that prevented me from actually being able to play. I'm not a troll by default in RP servers but nowadays not a single one is worth taking the time to try out, the only fun I get out of them anymore is just by not taking the server seriously at all since obviously the admin's just don't care at all.

my own two cents: medrp seems more like a server for a large group dnd-esque rp, run by a team of dms, rather than a server for randoms to join in/participate. every time ive been there, i ended up never participating in the rp as it would have required a lot of effort, only explored the build on my default avatar and grew a few crops
rping is honestly only fun with close friends

This is actually something we're trying to "fix", or at least improve. Obviously we wouldn't punish people who are roleplaying with their friends, but from personal observation, our players don't always welcome newbies into the "meaningful discussions" and such, as they don't really know them. I've asked some players on the situation, and I've been told that they are concerned that randoms may not have a fitting character or could mess up their plans for character interactions. Of course, it is possible to join in, but just like how Conan put it, it does take some effort as well as patience.

For now we've made it so with the exception of diplomacy based cases, the events don't exclude any of the players, regardless of when they joined the server. Besides that I tend to use my characters to "recruit" new players into pre-existing groups or factions so they won't feel left out.

If you have any idea on how could we help the situation, please let us know.

roleplayers who are into epic erotic roleplay

While ERP is against the rules and has always been shunned on, I'd lie if I said that there hasn't been a handful of times when some brave souls have attempted to get real blocky. These cases have been a running joke in our community for ages, but I think that if someone, you know exactly what BL roleplayers are like sometime.

If that's the case, then why was I banned in 2017 for 'failrp' when all I was doing was walking around the build? Pretty inconsistent administration.

If that was really all you've done, and you weren't even offered the chance to explain that you weren't Fail-RP'ing, then the admin / mod was truly the one at fault. "Fail-RP" is short for "Failure to Roleplay", it's to prevent people from creating obnoxious or too unrealistic characters, such as spacemen who came from the future to spam internet memes in the chat, or epic dark wizards who can kill anyone with their minds.

I don't want to come out as if our ideology was that "all of our admins are flawless and literally anyone who says otherwise is just hating on us because we are popular", cause that is just false. The rules have went through a lot of changes and have been ultimately simplified down over the two years, and I won't deny that we had a handful of bad eggs in the admin team. As cliché as this will sound, no one's perfect, there's been a few times where the players have proved us that the admins misjudged their situation, and this swings the other way too, where we have to acknowledge that ten rules may be a bit too much to memorize at once for the average newcomer. This doesn't mean that the admins are just happy to ban players, and neither does it prove that everyone who breaks a rule deserves to be instant banned. That being said, like I previously stated, I honestly think the current staff is better than it was two years ago.

If you've been mistreated, I apologize in the name of the staff member, but even if you haven't you're welcome to come back.

I've only ever behaved like this with Drought because of how stuffty the server was, but when I actually tried MRP, the admin's were intolerable whenever I came across a server bug that prevented me from actually being able to play. I'm not a troll by default in RP servers but nowadays not a single one is worth taking the time to try out, the only fun I get out of them anymore is just by not taking the server seriously at all since obviously the admin's just don't care at all.

While I understand how infuriating it is to have a glitch prevent you from playing the intended game, please note that on average there is only one admin / mod for every fifteen players, but there's been times where I was the only staff on the server with forty players, we also get reports every 3 ~ 5 minutes, and just like the others pointed it out, many of these can turn into sits. I can assure you, that our intention wasn't to annoy or to ignore your request.

If you have any further complaints or questions, I'd be happy to answer.

The fact you immediately applied it to yourself proves my point, and considering you "attempted" a server raid because you admitted to trolling and being a minge.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:50:53 AM by Beyond Neptune »

drought was a mess lol
I agree, it did not turn out well at the end.

I agree, it did not turn out well at the end.

it was a hot mess days before it started

YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact you immediately applied it to yourself proves my point, and considering you "attempted" a server raid because you admitted to trolling and being a minge.
It didn't prove your point for MRP, drought was something I brought up.

99% of the server is trying to find an area where it isn't empty and walking 15 miles trying to find a single soul that notices your existence

i got put into a love dungeon and raped the first time i played so its lame and gay

i got put into a love dungeon and raped the first time i played so its lame and gay

so it's one of THOSE kinds of roleplays huh... i see why it's passworded...

wtf

the nasty noyer. jack noyer uses his signature tit twist