Physics-based Sandbox Multiplayer Game 'Blix' (New Trailer)

Author Topic: Physics-based Sandbox Multiplayer Game 'Blix' (New Trailer)  (Read 4483 times)

usually i just update my cameras in lateupdate and base it on the rigidbody's position rather than the transform position, absolutely no jitters usually. also keep timestep at 0.01666 or 1 physics step per frame for consistently smooth physics which helps ease the jitters

While this game is good to see being made, I had an issue with the camera being jittery as my camily has a history with epilepsy. The developer promptly adressed my complaints by mentioning that this an alpha (2 weeks old, playermodel made from a rigidbody 2d with the camera as a child of it - very easy issue to fix) and getting offended that I did not like the camera. I asked for him to ping me later on when he had adressed the issues in the game and was promptly banned.

Stay away from this game until he gets a blog or something.

Several mods believed you were not fit to be an Alpha tester for the game at this stage of development, one of the moderators banned you, not me. We acknowledge that you may think that it's a simple fix, but it has nothing to do with the camera. It's a physics matter. I'm not going to go into detail because it no longer matters. We apologize that you were not fit for the role as a tester. We do hope that you'll join us at a later stage when the game is more up to your liking. Thank you!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 09:15:13 PM by JadenWilliams »

"the camera goes all over the place in first person and can cause issues with those suffering from epilepsy"
"stop stuffting on an alpha game, get the forget out"
good moderator

"the camera goes all over the place in first person and can cause issues with those suffering from epilepsy"
"stop stuffting on an alpha game, get the forget out"
good moderator

In the discord, he was much more radical about it and said nothing about epilepsies. He just ranted on about how nauseating the camera was, etc, etc. They decided that they didn't want him in the discord without things becoming too hectic. It was his complaining and lack of feedback that got him banned. Also, in his defense, it wasn't too irritating or anything, it was just that for how early on we are in development, they thought he wasn't suited for testing. For instance, we don't need players to tell us that the game has poor network connection issues- let alone rant and go on an insulting spree about it! We already know it's bad! Haha.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:43:15 AM by JadenWilliams »

I shouldn't have to mention I have epilepsy to mention that I think the camera is broken and jittery in it's current state. For very obvious reasons, too.

I shouldn't have to mention I have epilepsy to mention that I think the camera is broken and jittery in it's current state. For very obvious reasons, too.

Again, we didn't appreciate your comments and lack of actual feedback about the game, and then have the audacity to tell us to send you a link, personally, when the game is updated when the 'nauseating' camera is fixed. I think it also shows about your character that you went to the trouble of creating a post within this forum to rant about a 2-week old development-team banning you from a server with less than 35 people in it. That should be enough to show that you weren't cut for testing right now. Obviously, the game is not very refined right now, absolutely, not everyone is going to enjoy it. We've banned several people from the server. Not because of who they are, but because they weren't cut for alpha testing. You're not the only one. We're just a simple team of college students that when we see people that aren't right for the team as of right now, we immediately ban them, trying to remove any and all personality from the equation to not hurt anyone. And we do apologize that it has gone this far with you, specifically. We're no longer going to engage with this. Again, we hope to see you back at a later time in development!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:54:12 AM by JadenWilliams »

i dont mind not being cut for development. i can ask any tester for a copy of your game. the only issue i really had with it was the camera, and the issues that you have started by lying instead of just explaining your thinking logically, may leave a more foul mark on your game.
The fact that even after I tell you that me and my family have epilepsy for the most part and you continue to insist that i'm the one in the wrong only hurts you. No one else is getting hurt here.
Also, the fact that you take actual issues that I can't fix as "Not Feedback" and "Ranting" aswell as telling people that I was ranting and insulting the game in the discord after I posted the screenshots I took when it happened because you can't bother to click the "Fix Y axis" button on your character temporarily while you fix these very obvious and glaring issues doesn't make people want to support your game.

I recommend taking a deep breath and just working on it. I don't dislike you as a person, and again, I commend you for working on this game and even making it public in the first place, but you are the one who has made a huge issue out of this specifically and I shouldn't be the one to blame for "Insulting a 2 week old game".

Again, we didn't appreciate your comments and lack of actual feedback about the game, and then have the audacity to tell us to send you a link, personally, when the game is updated when the 'nauseating' camera is fixed. I think it also shows about your character that you went to the trouble of creating a post within this forum to rant about a 2-week old development-team banning you from a server with less than 35 people in it. That should be enough to show that you weren't cut for testing right now. Obviously, the game is not very refined right now, absolutely, not everyone is going to enjoy it. We've banned several people from the server. Not because of who they are, but because they weren't cut for alpha testing. You're not the only one. We're just a simple team of college students that when we see people that aren't right for the team as of right now, we immediately ban them, trying to remove any and all personality from the equation to not hurt anyone. And we do apologize that it has gone this far with you, specifically. We're no longer going to engage with this. Again, we hope to see you back at a later time in development!
lords knows why you openly invite people to alpha test your clearly pre alpha prototype and then ban them for alpha testing. The whole point of testing anything is to find it's flaws and make them know. Basically unova stated a perfectly reasonable fault with your alpha and you shut it down as an attack on your game and banned him. I mean if you dont want people to test your loving game I understand  why you'd ban anyone with any feedback.

The kicker is that you invite people publicly to witness your stuffty unfinished prototype and expect them to not complain about, idk, the stuffty unfinished prototype. You either make it private until you have a feasible prototype press release or you make it public and use people's feedback to actually design your game like every other developer on the planet. This whole narcissistic trap that you set up is just an excuse for you and your mods to powertrip and create some sort of echo chamber. You don't actually give two stuffs about the quality of your game or you'd appreciate player input for what it is: the most important feedback you could ever get on your player-oriented product

there's no way this project is ever going to land anywhere if you forgeters keep up an ego like this. You should quit now or change your attitude. You've already started to alienate your own testers so God knows who will support you at this junture
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:34:11 AM by PhantOS »

lords knows why you openly invite people to alpha test your clearly pre alpha prototype and then ban them for alpha testing.- I mean if you dont want people to test your game I understand why you'd ban anyone with any feedback.

I put the download on the website for anyone just wanting to play the game. Thanks for the advice!

I put the download on the website for anyone just wanting to play the game. Thanks for the advice!
wow you really showed him

wow you really showed him

No, I'm serious. I'm not wanting to affect anyone's enjoyment of the game. To be fair, if we have a standard for our game testers, then we have our standard. If it's not good, then we should automatically lose game-testers over time, but so far, it hasn't affected the game. Everyone deserves their right in playing the free game if they please, so I made sure to put a direct link in the post. (: