minecraft forum is going to become a read-only archive

Author Topic: minecraft forum is going to become a read-only archive  (Read 2348 times)

basically theyre making the whole site read-only and no more posts can be made or anything like that

i remember going on this site all the time until i stopped playing minecraft for a good long while, its p sad to see it go

why tho

whats the point of straight locking the forum when people still use it and play the game

Its the roblox forum situation isn't it
Btw roblox sucks

haha the BLF outlives both the roblox and minecraft forums

haha the BLF outlives both the roblox and minecraft forums
Not sure if that is necessarily a good thing or not.

why tho

whats the point of straight locking the forum when people still use it and play the game

why tho

Microsoft probably decided they don't want to foot the bill for Curse anymore.

but..... why?
why tho

the only reason i can think of for shuttin down a forum with a still active community might be a money problem ?? but even that seems obscene seein as how much of a revival the game has had recently

I'm having a vague suspicion that they're only doing this because it's the 10th anniversary of the forum

Microsoft probably decided they don't want to foot the bill for Curse anymore.
sounds stupid since they still will be paying to keep it online as an archive

Isn't that the main place where you can get mods? There are other sites, sure, but isn't this going to severely harm the distribution of them?

the only reason i can think of for shuttin down a forum with a still active community might be a money problem ?? but even that seems obscene seein as how much of a revival the game has had recently
Doesn't Minecraft still make bajillions of dollars? They could just give some of that to the team in charge of the forum