Topic about Boss Battles

Author Topic: Topic about Boss Battles  (Read 5557 times)

What do you mean by their own merit? This wouldn"t be an issue at all if other game modes besides Baby Driver got any players in the first place out of the shallow pool of 30 or so people mostly focused on Boss Battles and private servers

Blockland has an inherently shallow playerbase and its really loving depressing to see Boss Battles with like 10-16 players followed by a bunch of servers with 1-6 players on a saturday. After like 6 years of playing BL I don't see the fun in it anymore to play stuff like Boss Battles, the most repetitive gamemode ever and its still hogging players from stuff like deathrace and other servers
I obviously mean that if there's a better server up, then people will go play the better server. And if boss battles were to get zapped from the server list, what makes you think those 10-16 people are gonna go play the other servers that are up? Most of them probably opened Blockland exclusively to play boss battles. Also it's funny that you mention death race (which is one of 3 servers that I actually open Blockland to play) while complaining about repetition, it's just as if not more repetitive than boss battles. I think your frustrations are just misguided, you're upset that there's a lack of players in general and projecting your anger on the server that happens to have the remaining players. I'm willing to bet you'd complain if it was Crown's Jailbreak at the top instead (which usually beats out boss battles regardless). Anyhow, Blockland probably won't ever get a larger amount of players so you can suck it up and play what's popular at the moment, build alone, or just move on like everyone else.

the best thing to do in blockland is just build something with a friend on like steam or something

The main difference between deathrace and something like Boss Battles or Jailbreak is atleast it isn't getting stale because of the routine stuff you're doing.

BB: No goal to work towards. Shoot at the boss and hope you don't die long enough to kill the boss. Maybe buy a title after 100 rounds.
Jailbreak: The issue with this in games such as Garrys Mod and TF2 apply here, but here there is no Mic. Wait for commands, one dude slips off, riot, get guns. More boring than boss battles
Deathrace: Buy different weapons, work as a team, destroy other cars, constantly different maps. Work towards buying your favorite weapons and devise strategies to be as efficient as possible, engaging to as many players as can be at once

boss battles is one of the most consistently good and well aged servers on blockland. it definitely has its fair share of balance issues but it's still that one server that's always fun to play on

it does get stale to do the same thing and use the same strategies over and over but it's very hard to pull off deep and unique gameplay in a 1v16 arena gamemode. as far as one man army gamemodes go boss battles is high tier, even when compared to BBDX's more refined bosses. its just the accessibility that keeps it high in playercount

no goal no goal
there is a goal its called killing the boss

The main difference between deathrace and something like Boss Battles or Jailbreak is atleast it isn't getting stale because of the routine stuff you're doing.

BB: No goal to work towards. Shoot at the boss and hope you don't die long enough to kill the boss. Maybe buy a title after 100 rounds.
Jailbreak: The issue with this in games such as Garrys Mod and TF2 apply here, but here there is no Mic. Wait for commands, one dude slips off, riot, get guns. More boring than boss battles
Deathrace: Buy different weapons, work as a team, destroy other cars, constantly different maps. Work towards buying your favorite weapons and devise strategies to be as efficient as possible, engaging to as many players as can be at once
The mental gymnastics in this post made my frontal lobe shrivel up. Deathrace is literally just driving a jeep on the same 6 maps and praying to lord above that your jeep doesn't hit a bump and fly off into space until you get enough points to break the game with dual smgs + shotgun (or was until monoblaster recently rebooted it, now all the weapons are free at the moment). There is very little strategy to it (aside from simple stuff that can be applied to boss battles and jailbreak like teamwork that you conveniently neglected to mention for those two) and as someone who has played it for 5+ years, built a map for it, and is currently a super administrator for it, I can assure you it is very repetitive, if not more than boss battles. However, that repetition doesn't bother me because it's fun. Stop being upset that people want to play servers that you don't like anymore and using faulty logic to defend yourself.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 03:25:11 AM by Brikichu »

-snip-

"I'm not having fun so you shouldn't be either"

What do you mean by their own merit? This wouldn"t be an issue at all if other game modes besides Baby Driver got any players in the first place out of the shallow pool of 30 or so people mostly focused on Boss Battles and private servers

Blockland has an inherently shallow playerbase and its really loving depressing to see Boss Battles with like 10-16 players followed by a bunch of servers with 1-6 players on a saturday. After like 6 years of playing BL I don't see the fun in it anymore to play stuff like Boss Battles, the most repetitive gamemode ever and its still hogging players from stuff like deathrace and other servers
i dont mean to be rude but this entire argument is literally "I dont personally like BB and it hogs players from servers I do like so it should die"

It doesnt matter if you dont like BB, others do, so it gets more players. I think death race is boring so I guess I'm allowed to say that it should die and give its playerbase over to boss battles, according to this logic
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 11:36:34 PM by Blockomaniac »

Theres almost nothing of substance about BB anymore. The only reason its played is because Muh Popular when strife is the superior BB based gamemode - team based, engaging, more than one threat, removal of classes and all the stuff that makes a gamemode different from the same old same old.

Theoretically the server browser would be improved if Boss Battles droped off the face of the earth like CityRP and MedRP did before it to free up real estate for better gamemodes, removing the constant pit that it creates around it - 1-6 pop servers and stuff like that with no way of gaining players
why tf are you always on people’s tails for liking things? like dude I could go on about how tf2 is autistic for hours but you don’t see me yelling it in your face
personally I launched bl for the first time in quite a bit for the specific reason of playing boss battles. the server is hosted once in a blue moon, so there aren’t many chances to play it. I like the server not because of the game design, but because I genuinely enjoy the people that frequent the server, and because I appreciate the sheer mass of work and time that’s been put into the server

penth was healed on a round to 999999 hp and the boss let an infilitrator mass backstab the guy
this might be the most damage from a single player ever in blockland boss battles history

penth was healed on a round to 999999 hp and the boss let an infilitrator mass backstab the guy
this might be the most damage from a single player ever in blockland boss battles history

Funny thing is, that was also my first backstab scenario ever XD

Funny thing is, that was also my first backstab scenario ever XD
well congrats man, you deserve this newfound fame

Unova is a dumb forget brother and literally has been since he first login in lmfao

Boss Battle was really fun when I was younger, but like when nerfed some classes (specificly removing shotgun from firebug) it became kind of boring personally but this is when played it for the first time in forever like 6 or 5 months ago lol
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:48:10 PM by cooolguy32 »

pictures from my campaign to get a scatman's world title