[Event] ifPlayerDead

Author Topic: [Event] ifPlayerDead  (Read 1195 times)

"IfPlayerDead" or "checkIfPlayerDead"
is this even possible?

basically, this event checks if a player (or players) are dead, almost like checkTeam.
This would also mean it requires an input event "onIfPlayerDeadTrue" and "onIfPlayerDeadFalse" so it could run a target and output event.
Why do I need this?
This is for my SCP:SL remake, so every dead player could respawn as one certain team every 5 minutes.

This is for my SCP:SL remake, so every dead player could respawn as one certain team every 5 minutes.
slayer exists

check if which player is dead? you want like 64 input events for each potential player the server can have?

this is fundamentally flawed because there's no good way to arbitrarily gather players through events. You need a direct reference to a target
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:17:59 AM by PhantOS »

slayer exists

I'm aware it exists, you are able to change a player's respawn time but I'd like to respawn every dead player at the same exact time.

check if which player is dead? you want like 64 input events for each potential player the server can have?

this is fundamentally flawed because there's no good way to arbitrarily gather players through events. You need a direct reference to a target
What else would you suggest?

What else would you suggest?
its much more efficient to script it yourself

What about a 'respawnDeadPlayers' event with an input that could refer to a specific or random slayer team to spawn them into

the problem with this “ifPlayerDead” idea is when will the event be called? how often will it be called? it makes much more sense to use VCE for this as then you can do something like
onRelay > Self > checkVar or whatever [player:isdead]
or somestuff like that.

and regardless, the thing you want sounds like wave spawning, which is something you’ll probably have to script since there isnt anything out there and easily installable that does that.

What about a 'respawnDeadPlayers' event with an input that could refer to a specific or random slayer team to spawn them into
that sounds better and much simpler, not sure if that's possible as well too

the problem with this “ifPlayerDead” idea is when will the event be called? how often will it be called? it makes much more sense to use VCE for this as then you can do something like
onRelay > Self > checkVar or whatever [player:isdead]
or somestuff like that.

and regardless, the thing you want sounds like wave spawning, which is something you’ll probably have to script since there isnt anything out there and easily installable that does that.
I already tried using VCE for this while also using the onMinigameDeath but I believe the MinigameDeath event is a bit buggy, not sure.
Either it's buggy or I just didn't set up the VCE events correctly.

that sounds better and much simpler, not sure if that's possible as well too
Of course, it's possible.