Author Topic: Pirates, Vikings and Knights 2  (Read 1570 times)

A free HL2 mod. Mostly melee combat. In my experience it is better to lead than be led. First hour I just followed orders (although not without the occasional "no" or "damn you" voice command) as a humble viking. We were getting slaughtered from the left by arrows from the knights and keg explosions from the right. My shield was my only friend.
www.pvkii.com
After losing several times I TK'd the leader with a well aimed throwing axe (and I yelled "Ill see you in Valhalla"!) as he was spouting some rubbish about trapping parrots. I quickly got a circular shield wall around our treasure. It was going well until the heavy knights charged us. I yelled "Defend the man to your left!" But we didnt :( ..Anyway, I killed a few people and our survivors restored their armour. We won but I died with 2 seconds to go :( (stupid arrows...)

It has a cool combat system. You click while moving (W is a downwards strike) to attack in a certain direction. You hold it to do a more powerful attack. Right click blocks.

Yeah I tried that a while back.  The combat seemed unbalanced to me, although it was fun for 30 min or so.  Then some nub kept team beserking me.

Its still not a finished mod, but its open beta. Its balanced if you know each teams' weakness. Keep distance from vikings, charge pirates and do perfect parrys on knights.