I just saw The Lion King and spoiler alert it sucks

Author Topic: I just saw The Lion King and spoiler alert it sucks  (Read 3016 times)

People like you are why I'm going to have to nuke Disney HQ in the near future
the coon speaks again

not at all, MAAAYBEEEEEEE Scar just because there's a very noticeable difference in character voice. it's literally more or less the same exact movie but it looks real (obv) I get people have different tastes or whatever is up with them but i genuinely do not understand what was wrong with it. i thought it was the best disney live action so far. the CGI and cinematography looked absolutely fine in theaters so im just confused really
Realistic ≠ good animation

Realistic ≠ good animation
show me in the post where i was arguing this

myself and the people I've talked to didnt see any glaring problems with the animation (especially when we were expecting to) so ofc im just shocked. some people even wanted the cgi to look cartoony like the original film and i was just like wtf that would be 200000000x worse than whatever the problem is with what was already produced

oh well at the end of the day opinions are opinions, the original is always going to be better but i thoroughly enjoyed this one
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 02:06:25 PM by Khaz »

The animation falls in the uncanny valley for me. Still frames look realistic I guess, but when they're moving, the movement doesn't look / feel realistic, it looks oddly floaty and slow, and the colors are so loving washed out and dull. Makes me think I'm colorblind looking at the damn thing lol

Also the movie being called "live-action" is a straight up lie. It's loving all CG lol
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 02:37:31 PM by Insert Name Here² »

myself and the people I've talked to didnt see any glaring problems with the animation (especially when we were expecting to) so ofc im just shocked. some people even wanted the cgi to look cartoony like the original film and i was just like wtf that would be 200000000x worse than whatever the problem is with what was already produced

oh well at the end of the day opinions are opinions, the original is always going to be better but i thoroughly enjoyed this one
Those characters looked like those live action family friendly movies where the animals talk.

"Yes, I do watch Disney movies... How did you guess?"

The animation falls in the uncanny valley for me. Still frames look realistic I guess, but when they're moving, the movement doesn't look / feel realistic, it looks oddly floaty and slow, and the colors are so loving washed out and dull. Makes me think I'm colorblind looking at the damn thing lol

Also the movie being called "live-action" is a straight up lie. It's loving all CG lol

Yeah we've nailed down photo realism but animation is still tough as nails to get looking properly, even physics simulations still look a bit off.

I haven't seen the film (most of the actors in the cast are a bunch of talentless hacks who obviously got the job through good ol' nepotism) but from what people have told me the faces of the characters are not expressive at all and it hurts the film. I could see that happening, it's not really an issue with the animators as much as it's an issue with the style they went with. It's similar to my problem with NuAladdin in that everything seems just dead compared to the original when there is so much you could've done.

Really if they're gonna remake these films they should remake them as 3d animated films. Imagine a Disney Aladdin remake with a Jafar that looked like this.

what is this and why did i watch it as a little kid

help

help
In Between the Lions

In Between the Lions
more like between my eyes goes the bullet bc forgetin hell

more like between my eyes goes the bullet bc forgetin hell
why, did you just jack off to this show because id want to kill myself if i did

help
because you were a really strange kid