Author Topic: Pine Tree Playertype  (Read 3305 times)

Link?
I tried fixing the button by manually UV mapping it, but for some reason it ends up warped.
https://gitlab.com/Redo0/io_mesh_blb

Just gives me errors when I try to import a brick.

i would say repairRate but blockland appears to ignore that datablock parameter
It does seem to ignore it, but %player.setRepairRate works.

Also, do you want it to immediately start regenerating or start after you haven't been damaged for a set amount of time?

I've pretty much finished everything you requested. I just need to fix the UVs on the model, make the rotate animation, and do the leaf rustling sound. Since you can't crouch, I made it so that when you push the crouch button you turn into the color of your paint can, for better blending in(transparency from transparent paint colors isn't inherited). I also made it so that you snap to the brick grid when you push the sit button.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:47:09 AM by jes00 »

the latter
also you could look into the uvs for the skirt bottom in m.dts
also, can you make the pine tree model itself a node so it can be hidden by cloaking items and package the update body parts function to unhide the tree
would a death animation where the tree tips over be too much to ask for?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 11:54:33 AM by maxymax13 »

Just gives me errors when I try to import a brick.
It's looking for the brick textures in the Documents directory, but you can easily change it to the Steam directory by going to Blender's addons folder in your AppData directory, then going to the io_mesh_blb-master folder, and open the import_blb.py file with a text file editor and  replacing the 'def AddTex' function with this
Code: [Select]
def AddTex(Tex): # final command
    if bpy.data.textures.find(Tex) == -1:

blpath = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Blockland\\"

if Tex == "PRINT":
            path = os.path.expanduser(blpath + "base\\data\\shapes\\spraycanLabel.png")
        else:
            path = os.path.expanduser(blpath + "base\\data\\shapes\\brick"+Tex+".png")

image = bpy.data.images.load(path)
        text = bpy.data.textures.new(Tex, "IMAGE")
        text.image = image
        text.image.use_fields = True

if Tex == "SIDE":
            text.extension = "EXTEND"

return
You might have to remove the (x86) from the file paths if you either don't have Blockland installed there, or aren't running a 64-bit system

It's looking for the brick textures in the Documents directory, but you can easily change it to the Steam directory by going to Blender's addons folder in your AppData directory, then going to the io_mesh_blb-master folder, and open the import_blb.py file with a text file editor and  replacing the 'def AddTex' function with this
Code: [Select]
-snip-You might have to remove the (x86) from the file paths if you either don't have Blockland installed there, or aren't running a 64-bit system
But my Blockland folder is in the Documents directory.

EDIT: Found the problem. Windows is dumb and uses backward slashes for file paths. I just had to change them to forward slashes.
Got a perfectly textured pine tree now. Just need to do the animations and stuff :)

EDIT: Alright. Got the walking sound and some other stuff done. All that's left is pretty much making 2-3 animations.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 03:51:53 PM by jes00 »

playermodel doesn't rotate actually could you make it so the "hand" node rotates but the body doesnt so guns can spin but
I don't think this is really possible. There is no animation for a player rotating.

oh, i thought it was like the looking up anim. whatever
could you at least make the looking up anim move only the "hand" mountpoint?

It's pretty much done. I've sent you the file. Let me know if there's any adjustments you want done and then I'll finish it up and release it.
Jet to run.
Select a paint color and hit crouch to change to that color.
Sit to snap to the brick grid.

oh sorry i didn't have time to check it out
it's awesome, it works great and looks fun to use
you can release it