[Event] respawnDead

Author Topic: [Event] respawnDead  (Read 1635 times)

Hi everyone, here's a quick detail on the event:
It is an output event for the target event "Team(Client)" and "Team(Brick)"
In example: onRelay > Team(Brick) > respawnDead

This event will only respawn dead teammates. (There's only a respawnAll output for the Team(Brick) target event, but that's not what I need.)
If someone could possibly create this, it would be much appreciated!

[EDIT]
User Goth77 kindly created the add-on, the download link can be found below.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:58:08 PM by awsomefunnyguyq »

This is something I could use for my gamemode to respawn dead teammates in a new location, I'd like to also add in another similar output event but allowing to also set a new spawn point for them to be in (Perhaps a checkpoint brick?)

Basically the rescue closet system from Left 4 Dead where you can rescue survivors that died.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:32:01 AM by Spartan224 »

so would it be like Team1, Team2, Team3, and so on?
or how would it figure out which team to apply it to?
and is there an example event already of something similar, ie the respawn all?

so would it be like Team1, Team2, Team3, and so on?
or how would it figure out which team to apply it to?
and is there an example event already of something similar, ie the respawn all?

In example: onRelay > Team(Brick) > respawnDead

“Team(Brick)” and “Team(Client)” are target events that come with Slayer I believe.
It will know which team to target using one of those two events.

This should work, although I haven't tested it so please let me know if it doesn't

Event_respawnDead
*Requires Gamemode_Slayer*

Can be used as the following:
onInput > Team(Client) > respawnDead > [TeamName]

This should work, although I haven't tested it so please let me know if it doesn't

Event_respawnDead
*Requires Gamemode_Slayer*

Can be used as the following:
onInput > Team(Client) > respawnDead > [TeamName]

Unfortunately didn't show up as an option on the output event section.

Whoops, I made a small typo in the code, literally forgot a %i

You can redownload the fixed version from the same link as before, just be sure to delete/overwrite the one you have now

EDIT: I've been informed by Spartan224 of a bug where lives were not added back properly after respawning from the dead. It should be fixed now
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 04:09:37 PM by Goth77 »

Whoops, I made a small typo in the code, literally forgot a %i

You can redownload the fixed version from the same link as before, just be sure to delete/overwrite the one you have now

EDIT: I've been informed by Spartan224 of a bug where lives were not added back properly after respawning from the dead. It should be fixed now
I tested this out with other people and tried the following

Ex. 1: onRelay > Team(Brick) > respawnDead > Test
Ex. 2: onActivate > Team(Client) > respawnDead > Test

To test out the event, I made a team called "Test" and made a friend click a 1x1 to respawn dead Test team members.(Ex.2)
Oddly enough didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh snap, I made an error when trying to call the slayer team name. I'm not too familiar with all of Slayers core functions so I had to do a bit of digging in the code to recheck the variables, sorry about that.

:cookieMonster:

You can redownload it at the same link as before, I tested it to make sure it works this time

Oh snap, I made an error when trying to call the slayer team name. I'm not too familiar with all of Slayers core functions so I had to do a bit of digging in the code to recheck the variables, sorry about that.

:cookieMonster:

You can redownload it at the same link as before, I tested it to make sure it works this time

Worked like a charm, thanks!