[NEWS] A motorcycle backfiring mistaken for a shooter in Times Square

Author Topic: [NEWS] A motorcycle backfiring mistaken for a shooter in Times Square  (Read 7146 times)

totally normal country

the price we pay for our freedoms is being scared of being gunned down at any second by a mentally insane shooter and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it

totally normal country

the price we pay for our freedoms is being scared of being gunned down at any second by a mentally insane shooter and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it
While the fear of being killed in such an event is a completely rational one, mass shootings are not nearly as prevalent as the news would have you think.

honestly, i wouldn't blame them scattering. there's been like, what, two (or three?) shootings in the past week? there's obviously tons of tension, but this is plain sad.

While the fear of being killed in such an event is a completely rational one, mass shootings are not nearly as prevalent as the news would have you think.
if they are as prevalent to the point where people are scared by loud noises I think it's a problem. this video is like the collective of new york just had PTSD about vietnam

Sorry aide but there would be stuff running down my legs if I heard tons of loud continuous pops and running for my life, it’s not just because of the country, it’s trying to not die. Not really a prevalence issue imo

Sorry aide but there would be stuff running down my legs if I heard tons of loud continuous pops and running for my life, it’s not just because of the country, it’s trying to not die. Not really a prevalence issue imo
yeah but thats the problem, because you equate it in your mind to a shooter, this is the problem

i dont understand what you are trying to say here, you are just proving my point that people are scared to get shot, when in any other western country they aren't

I don't know where you live, but when I heard loud noises or pops or something, no one runs or cares, its normally fireworks or like in this case, a car backfiring.

99.99% most likely only a handful of people reacted to the bike backfiring as gunshots, and the rest of the crowd assumed it was real because other people were running.

Vehicle backfiring is not an uncommon or rare occurrance in NYC, only reason people scattered is because a few thought it were gunshots, ran, and others assumed because of their reaction and followed suit.

One time someone slammed their dumpster kinda loudly and i instantly thought it was a gunman armed with an AR15 with extended clips and I ran for my life. Even the littlest noise startles me

im glad we have laws against people using bombs or gas or arson so we dont have to deal with the issues the rest of the world is experiencing. Now we just need to get rid of guns and there will be no crime at all
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 05:29:25 PM by Sheepocalypse »

totally normal country

Mass Shootings and gun violence in have been on a downward trend since 90s, the increase in availability of news just makes it so when they do happen we are more likely to notice and thus it seems like there are more.

I mean I get why they scattered. Backfiring does sound like a gun

totally normal country

One time someone slammed their dumpster kinda loudly and i instantly thought it was a gunman armed with an AR15 with extended clips and I ran for my life. Even the littlest noise startles me

im glad we have laws against people using bombs or gas or arson so we dont have to deal with the issues the rest of the world is experiencing. Now we just need to get rid of guns and there will be no crime at all
AR BUILT LIKE LENA DUNHAM WHEN I SHOOT I DON'T MISS
TRAPAHOLICS
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 11:52:40 PM by Rockinboy2000 »

if they are as prevalent to the point where people are scared by loud noises I think it's a problem. this video is like the collective of new york just had PTSD about vietnam

This just in: human instinct of preservation is proof guns are evil

Damn remind me not to take my car around there LOL

makes me curious on how the motorcycle owner feels 'bout this