Just go free-to-play already.

Author Topic: Just go free-to-play already.  (Read 5231 times)

-snip-

I made a game mode where it's kid vs toys, So like toy story but the toys who are scale 0.2 have 30 seconds to find a hiding spot in a house and after 30 seconds a kid who is scale 1 runs around trying to catch all the toys. Somebody made me a playertype where if the kid clicks the toy it picks it up for 3 seconds and then the toy dies which makes it more fun and funny than using the fist.
I'd love to bring back my gamemode but unfortunately I've lost that playertype

People stopped hosting great servers because nobody was on to play said server. The most fun I've had while gaming was my Build & Kill server which averaged 20 players. I stopped hosting it because Blockland loving died. If BL were to be revived right at this second, it would still beat the test of time.
I think all of us left should print off posters of blockland and try and bring people back to the game lol but put in small print "This poster was made by the community of Blockland, Not the owner" ;)

I think all of us left should print off posters of blockland and try and bring people back to the game lol but put in small print "This poster was made by the community of Blockland, Not the owner" ;)

I'd host my medieval rpg, but no one is loving joining it because there is 32 people on right now and guess what.

All 32 loving people are hosting their own loving server so there are 40+ servers with 0-1 people in them.

remember the last thread we had

it went a bit like "alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts alts"

Just loving IP ban them, who cares.

We have alt problems anyways with users who have multiple keys.

loving boltster keeps joining my server with one of his many stolen keys with stolen names.

ip bans can be circumvented

You can still have an ID system when the game goes F2P.

Your ID will be tied to your steam account.

Now yes, someone can just make a new steam account and get a new ID but that's a problem with literally every game so who cares.

Just give people who paid for the game special status

ip bans can be circumvented

If they really want to make a bunch of steam accounts and risk their main one getting banned to troll a lego server, go for it

there are users with 10+ blockland keys at their disposal and you worried about f2p alts?

so you are admitting nothing can be done to this problem

so you are admitting nothing can be done to this problem

This is a loving problem affecting p2p so what's the loving difference?

you think i like bolster coming in my server with fake ass names?

Not making the game f2p because of the potential of alts is some boogey man stuff you need to address yourself.

So we gonna let the game die because potentially one handicap wont go away?

I made a game mode where it's kid vs toys, So like toy story but the toys who are scale 0.2 have 30 seconds to find a hiding spot in a house and after 30 seconds a kid who is scale 1 runs around trying to catch all the toys. Somebody made me a playertype where if the kid clicks the toy it picks it up for 3 seconds and then the toy dies which makes it more fun and funny than using the fist.
I'd love to bring back my gamemode but unfortunately I've lost that playertype
I made that player type for you 5 years ago. Turns out I still have it. HERE you go.

no offense but it literally would not help at all. the game's $10. the cost is not the barrier to entry for anyone who might potentially want to play, except, like, maybe three 6 year olds

People are more cautious buying an indie game than call of duty especially if they think its a Minecraft clone.

I see no problem with f2p