[HYPE] Cube World releasing 30th

Author Topic: [HYPE] Cube World releasing 30th  (Read 6364 times)

I can barely believe that I'll be playing it in 10 hours.

this really shows how long it has taken
so, who down to play on sep 23
wait did you get an email from them? i checked my email i have old messages from Picroma.com but i never got a personalized message about anything like this

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 03:21:22 AM by 16-Bit »

Only was able to play for a little bit but game looks good aesthetically. Can’t say what I’ve read about the new progression system makes me excited, though.

wait did you get an email from them? i checked my email i have old messages from Picroma.com but i never got a personalized message about anything like this
i c you found it, but this was a password reset email

someone make a party up discord for this or im gonna make one when i get off work

Wow is it disappointing.

• They scrapped the level and skill system. You now start with your abilities and an ultimate ability instead of working up to them. There's also no way to improve them that I can see outside of having better gear.
  • Your gear is either region locked (becomes less effective outside of the small biome you're in) or kingdom locked (bit larger range than region locked, but still the same stupid gameplay idea). You essentially start at square one every time you enter a new biome.
  • They somehow made the early game even worse than it was in the alpha. I've got seagulls and alpacas less than 100 ft from my spawn that take a third of my health in one hit whereas I do decimal damage with my mage attacks (not counting the ultimate which has a cooldown and kills them in 2-3 hits). I've encountered enemies with a thousand+ health right outside towns (which aren't marked on the map either, have to zoom in and see something that may look like a town), have seen other people with enemies in the five digits for health.
  • Enemies are incredibly stupid. So many of my fights I've won simply because the enemy gets stuck in a circle loop around me
  • A lot of the new structures are really basic and don't form well with the terrain. You can make out basic geometric shapes like a rectangle, cone, cylinder very easily and they look awkward in the otherwise very nice environment.
  • Game has a ton of issues. Took me a solid 20 minutes and I've already broken my map, crashed, and just had simple performance problems.

Haven't seen any of the quest or lore stuff yet because the game is just difficult to play and enjoy so can't speak to it.

Have been reading and watching what other people are doing in case I had the wrong idea but no, so many other people are confused about all these changes and how the game now works. It doesn't help that they've got so many things that are hidden and unexplained, but continue to be of little help on their twitter / steam discussions by choice.

I really didn't think it could be worse than the Alpha judging from all the photos and videos over the years but they've succeeded if that was their goal.

it really is more boring than the alpha. I didn't even think that was possible because I used to regard alpha cubeworld as the most boring game I've ever bought next to borderlands

so far pretty unstable and laggy but might be my pc

so far pretty unstable and laggy but might be my pc
Might be your PC, it's running smooth on mine.

Neither dev is addressing the complaints, just making minor bugfixes / changes or responding to compliments on the forums.

They delete threads with criticism and delete threads with hate, but label them as the same thing to justify it.
One of these threads went into great detail about this person’s gripes with the game, mod essentially responded with “play a different game.” People called mod out on it, one guy asking how he was even a mod. That guy is banned, refresh page and his comment is deleted.

Won’t be able to delete bad reviews come launch though.

meh, try it yourself. i think its pretty fun