My worries about Blockland as of now

Author Topic: My worries about Blockland as of now  (Read 18788 times)

Ever since people have been getting the news of Brickadia Alpha 4 being out, I've been worried that Blockland's community would take a hefty dip in active players. We've been on a decline already and we're pretty much doing nothing to stop it too, and the only thing I can come up to fix that is to just host. I don't care what it is, but if you have an old project you abandoned, don't be afraid to pick it back up and resume work on it to see how people would enjoy it.
Not to mention something as simple as throwmod can boost your server to the top in a few hours.

I don't know what to put here currently, so I'll just summarize it here
TL;DR, if you want to bring Blockland back together, host. Be creative with what you host too, it can range from a gamemode or just a silly freebuild with an assortment of addons.

nah forget blockland and its already mostly toxic player base, im glad the brickadia developers are enforcing a nontoxic community

blockland is well over 10 years old and there is no sign of an update other than fixes from computermix/val, even then last i heard badspot wasnt responding to him
i'm sure badspot is tired of working on a project for more than 10 years, let's be honest, wouldn't you?

once we get brick traits and vehicles in the future im definitely gonna uninstall blockland (or not bother at all its so loving small)
its funny looking at that one picture blockgayng made about nobody playing brickadia in 0.3.5 then the next day 13 people were playing on my blockparty server

go ahead and bring something different to blockland but honestly at this point with so few players no wonder why all the nice and nontoxic players left to brickadia

I just looked at the playercount and it's 202 players so far. How do you get a Brickadia key and download the game?

I just looked at the playercount and it's 202 players so far. How do you get a Brickadia key and download the game?

Join the discord

both games will die one day so don't count on it

yea only 3 joinable servers with people in them

the playercounts are lower now because the school year is starting
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:10:22 PM by Biqus »

Blockland has always been one of my favorite games. And all the good experiences I've had in it make it even better.

Say what you want about Brickadia, but Blockland is always gonna be one of my favorite games. Tbh, it's gonna take a lot for me to give up Blockland. The only thing that would really make me quit is if the master server suddenly vanished, or if barely any players are online.

Personally I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I've been playing Blockland since v13 and I'm happy to move on to Brickadia. It feels much closer to the original experience I got from Blockland that I loved so much. Brickadia just feels like Blockland with a long overdue fresh coat of paint.

I tried to verify my phone in the discord but now I'm being rate limited Nvm
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:16:23 PM by cblock360 »

Personally I don't understand what all the fuss is about.
It's hard letting things you like so much go. At least for people like me.

It's hard letting things you like so much go. At least for people like me.
Have you played brickadia yet? To me they feel like the same thing, but Brickadia has room to grow.

Have you played brickadia yet?
Yeah, It's not bad. Gunplay could use a bit of work though.

Technically speaking the gunplay is the same as Blockland's. It's just the way the default guns are set up. It's in it's first public Alpha, meaning it still lacks much of its features. Modding being a key one to this discussion because we only have the default guns as on now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:52:26 PM by Maya67 »

Technically speaking the gunplay is the same as Blockland's. It's just the way the default guns are set up. Again it's in it's first public Alpha, and it still lacks much of its features. Modding being a key one.
I'm just so used to projectiles that aren't like raycasts. And yes, I understand that it's in alpha, and it'll probably get better in the future.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:00:31 PM by Cubone½ »