My worries about Blockland as of now

Author Topic: My worries about Blockland as of now  (Read 18781 times)

but does brickadia have zapt?
Maybe in the future maybe idk??? We can only hope...

i'm basically the only admin on his servers these days because the rest either A. left to get a life, or B. cut ties
I mean our group is always up for accepting new members if people don't wanna feel like outcasts or just wanna be a part of some kind of community of whats left related to blockland.

Nah, the only gamemodes I know of are Pictionary and Deathmatch. There was another one but it was just a basic minigame.
While still obviously missing a ton of stuff, the current deathmatch gamemode already allows you to make a TDM where dying moves you to the other team until the last guy from the original team is dead, so infection type gamemodes are already technically possible game mechanic wise. You can already do a lot more with the Brickadia minigame system than you can with the default Blockland one.

If y'all wanna save blockland, begging for the Badspot God to fix it, isn't going to work.

You need to address the problems with the community, and fix them yourself. Would it be easier if Badspot did it for you? Yes.

But we all know that isn't going to happen. Bitching and moaning about it isn't going to help either. I proposed some alternate things to keep the community afloat a while back, but y'all just scoffed and continued on posting topics about how everything is stuff.

If you want to save blockland, either step up and start fixing the issues yourselves, or step aside and pass the crown to brickadia.

I can tell you that the major issues with blockland right now are:
Community Activity
Awareness
Community Culture
Creator's Culture
Creator's Activity

If you want to fix blockland, you're going to have to address that. Brickadia already has. You don't see "School Shooting Simulator" servers on Brickadia's Master Server.

-snip-
If you want to fix blockland, you're going to have to address that. Brickadia already has. You don't see "School Shooting Simulator" servers on Brickadia's Master Server.
i shouldnt have laughed because you arent lying.

tbh I'd host mine but I'm afraid of losing my alpha privileges lol

host a new years server 24/7 and blockland is saved

tbh I'd host mine but I'm afraid of losing my alpha privileges lol
If you go move one game to another and do the same things that created the problems in the first place, how would that improve the next game?

WTF i thought you supported the 1st amdment Matthew

IMO I think that hosting one good gamemode won't just do it, people will eventually get burnt out in a few hours, I believe we need some diversity on gamemodes, and not just that. People won't just join a empty server, you could join a interesting empty server if you want and wait as it gets populated.

Truth is though, the 1st amendment does not apply to an individual/corporation. Only the government is forbidden from shutting down somebody's freedom of speech. Not saying that I support censoring what people say but it's true.

Truth is though, the 1st amendment does not apply to an individual/corporation. Only the government is forbidden from shutting down somebody's freedom of speech. Not saying that I support censoring what people say but it's true.

Alright, let me put this straight.

Twitter, is a platform. If you wanna make hyper edgy jokes on the same platform in which government officials are not allowed to block you under the first amendment, you should. So long as nothing you say incites violence.

Brickadia, is not a platform. In the future it will cost money to use. It's more of a publisher, especially since all servers have to go through the master server. This would not be protected under the first amendment, not because it's an "individual/corporation" thing, but because it publishes it's content instead of acting as a platform.
The "it's a corporation, so it's okay that they're stomping on your throat" argument is ridiculous.

TL;DR Corporation Dictatorships are not better than Government ones, stop it. Brickadia being a publisher vs Twitter being a platform is what makes the real difference here.