My worries about Blockland as of now

Author Topic: My worries about Blockland as of now  (Read 18800 times)

I'm glad people have been discussing some ideas and ways to patch things up, so thank you all for this

also 105% this
If y'all wanna save blockland, begging for the Badspot God to fix it, isn't going to work.

You need to address the problems with the community, and fix them yourself. Would it be easier if Badspot did it for you? Yes.

But we all know that isn't going to happen. Bitching and moaning about it isn't going to help either. I proposed some alternate things to keep the community afloat a while back, but y'all just scoffed and continued on posting topics about how everything is stuff.

If you want to save blockland, either step up and start fixing the issues yourselves, or step aside and pass the crown to brickadia.

I can tell you that the major issues with blockland right now are:
Community Activity
Awareness
Community Culture
Creator's Culture
Creator's Activity

If you want to fix blockland, you're going to have to address that. Brickadia already has. You don't see "School Shooting Simulator" servers on Brickadia's Master Server.

Also Blockland has a lot of addons, scripts, mods, and I don't want a decade and a half worth of content going to waste
Just wanted to put that there, idk why
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:00:59 PM by YouKnowWhoAgain »

I think brickadia will be the thing that finally kills the blockland playerbase because in a way it's too late to try and revive blockland. Blockland kept bleeding players because people got bored with playing the same gamemodes over the years. The people who were making and scripting new gamemodes weekly have left and nothing new is being created. Boss Battles and Murder mystery both debuted in 2011 and are usually the most popular servers nowadays besides some generic deathmatch. It is a problem when the only gamemodes fun enough to play are 8 years old eventually most people are going to grow tired of playing the same thing. This is why we keep bleeding players because eventually, people realize a new gamemode isnt going to pop up on the server list and it isn't worth opening the game anymore to play the same thing they've been playing for years. Badspot has no reason to update the game because all that effort would still net little financial gain for him. All the creativity blockland once had is not present anymore every server has been done already and with many people already migrating to brickadia I doubt it can be saved. Munk created throwmod 8 years ago still hosted today, Rising lava 2013, Randomizer 2014, Speedkart 2013, Prison Escape >2013, Falling Platforms 2012. I could go on and on every server nowadays is a rehash of something done years earlier and the pattern is not going to change.

Also Blockland has a lot of addons, scripts, mods, and I don't want a decade and a half worth of content going to waste
Just wanted to put that there, idk why

I wouldn't say it's going to waste. Much of the add-ons don't even get used or aren't even accessible anymore.
Also, I won't be surprised to see a lot of blockland add-ons being re-implemented or re-imagined in brickadia when it's possible. I.E. slayer is basically the new default minigame system.

TL;DR Corporation Dictatorships are not better than Government ones, stop it. Brickadia being a publisher vs Twitter being a platform is what makes the real difference here.
baby's first anarcho-syndicalist take

master matthew redemption arc?

Brickadia already has more work into the base engine than Blockland ever did. Blockland died years ago, a spiritual successor is in active development. Need i remind you that there hasn't been an update for blockland in years. The dev is too busy drawing his naughty naughty no-no pictures to work on his poorly coded trainwreck of a game. I for one, welcome our new brickadia overlords. the game already has more soul than blockland ever did.

Brickadia already has more work into the base engine than Blockland ever did. Blockland died years ago, a spiritual successor is in active development. Need i remind you that there hasn't been an update for blockland in years. The dev is too busy drawing his naughty naughty no-no pictures to work on his poorly coded trainwreck of a game. I for one, welcome our new brickadia overlords. the game already has more soul than blockland ever did.
this is quite the endorsement

More like roosterland.

Got em.

I think we can all agree that blackdong was the best thing that ever came out of this game

Why worry about blockland, when theres a whopping 40 players on at a time? that's pretty good i think.

badspot doesn't give a stuff about this game and hasn't for years, you guys should be happy some other people are putting effort into a successor

where did all these nobodies come from

More like roosterland.

Got em.
If there's a roosterland, then there's a Prickadia.

I'd just like to toss my hat in with the others saying that Brickadia really is the way forwards. The tools in it from day one already make building so much easier and more intuitive, a big reason why I used to play blockland. It's incredibly polished already in its alpha state, totally worth moving over once your desired niche is fulfilled by the developers or modders (or make your niche yourself!).

badspot doesn't give a stuff about this game and hasn't for years, you guys should be happy some other people are putting effort into a successor
another big endorsement, i havent seen you in years
where did all these nobodies come from
ur a nobody

-snip- The dev is too busy drawing his naughty naughty no-no pictures -snip-.
this is by far my favorite thing on the forums.