borderlands 3 'released' a few days ago

Author Topic: borderlands 3 'released' a few days ago  (Read 3188 times)

this thread is a shoutout to everyone who doesn't give a forget because its on Epic games
we are the real mfs who dont give a stuff about those extra 7 months of waiting for the Steam release

my friend's Epic account got broken into because of their laughable (non-existant) security. This along with the withholding of review keys for specific reviewers AND the lesser known activity with giving Unreal developers extra benefits during game expos and development competitions has gotten me to boycott the forget out of it and its CEO, even if they offer indie companies good deals.

forget epic 😊

I once had an interest in borderlands, not anymore.

Whether it is temporary, or it is permanent, I will not support games that make the switch to the EGS.

Borderlands 3
The Division 2
And while it's still on steam, it is owned by epic now, Rocket League

Just to name a few well known games.

I lost interest when I found out they sent goons to a random youtuber's house with intention to intimidate.

They also shut down his channel with false claims

Epic Games was fined a month ago for not notifying people about the security breach. Yeah, their security is almost as bad as roblox's (though roblox has been breached a lot), would be nice if they at least implemented 2FA that uses token instead of email.

imagine waiting 6 years for a game and it just has to release during the peak of epic's bullstuff

it honestly hurts less than i expected

Epic is a downward spiral and it's only getting worse. Steam isn't paying them any attention because it's ridiculous. The profit epic promises publishers and companies is lost because of epic's limited occupancy of simps.

its gonna be sad to see the studio that designed borderlands be scrapped due to a lack of sales directly instigated by their publisher. i like epic but i think that they're fighting too much of an uphill battle against a titan such as steam, and the exclusive deals are obviously too aggressive.

a lot can be learned from this. specifically that people will turn down a much anticipated game because of a platform choice
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:48:05 PM by PhantOS »

I imagine they will still sell a lot of copies, even though many people claim they will never buy from the Epic store.
Only time will tell.

metro exodus iirc had more sales than any previous metro game despite being egs exclusive, so tales of egs showing signs of failure may be information selection bias. only time will tell.

metro exodus iirc had more sales than any previous metro game despite being egs exclusive, so tales of egs showing signs of failure may be information selection bias. only time will tell.
Thing is though, how can we know all of them were straight purchases from EGS and not physical pre-orders switched to EGS and digital pre-orders that had to be fulfilled through Steam?

on the bright side
it's pretty fun so far, annoying it's on a different/eh launcher
but good game

I tried playing this with my brother on our Xbox One S, and the framerates were unplayably atrocious, especially when bringing up any menus

Not sure if it's some issue with the One S, splitscreen multiplayer, the game itself, or some combination of those, but i hope it gets fixed

I like playing as Flak so far because you can actually pet your Skag friend

So the chinese may be spying on you via Borderlands 3. Lovely.

Will probably wait for it to get on Steam. By the time it gets onto Steam they'll probably remove DENUVO (because let's be real DENUVO is only there to protect launch sales) and it'll have most of its DLC by then.