I don't see anything wrong with brickadia, why the hate?

Author Topic: I don't see anything wrong with brickadia, why the hate?  (Read 17818 times)

if brickadia doesn't move out of it's mainly-blockland playerbase, it'll die too

That is a fair point though (and I didn't notice much people yet, who weren't BL players. Yes, I did keep randomly asking out ppl whether they came from BL or not). But one again has to consider: It's still in Open Alpha. Also, as far as I know (correct me, if I am wrong), Brickadia wasn't even intended to be public at this state, but somebody leaked Brickadia here (in its earlier states) on BL Forums a few months ago and thus the team decided to make it publicly accessible.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:27:28 PM by Cajetan² »

stuff regarding BL and Brickadia leak
i don't see how leaking brickadia made the devs decide that it should go public, because they could'a learned from that mistake and keep their game more secure and private.. strange

That is a fair point though (and I didn't notice much people yet, who weren't BL players. Yes, I did keep randomly asking out ppl whether they came from BL or not). But one again has to consider: It's still in Open Alpha. Also, as far as I know (correct me, if I am wrong), Brickadia wasn't even intended to be public at this state, but somebody leaked Brickadia here (in its earlier states) on BL Forums a few months ago and thus the team decided to make it publicly accessible.
the leak was 0.3, and it was more than a year ago that got made (the leak was a few months after it)
alpha 0.4 went public not because of that, but because they wanted more players to stress test their code and find bugs

if brickadia doesn't move out of it's mainly-blockland playerbase, it'll die too
no it wont lmao, id say roughly 1/20th of the playerbase is from anywhere but blockland, but even then there's a stuffload of blocklanders that want to play
im certainly gonna drop any weekend plans once vehicles come

wow i haven't seen pablo in a long time

i don't see how leaking brickadia made the devs decide that it should go public, because they could'a learned from that mistake and keep their game more secure and private.. strange

No, it isn't really strange at all. As I see now, the reason for making Brickadia public was a different one, apparently. (Stree testing their code and find bugs, which is normal, to be honest)
Nonetheless, the point still stands: The game is still in Open Alpha. If they would now try to advertise it anywhere, outside of BL communities, you can expect that those new people would get quickly bored with it and just leave. Ads make more sense when Brickadia is in beta stage when it has most of its core features implemented that were promised. At this point, it's playable, but it wouldn't make much sense to now do advertisments for Brickadia outside of the known communities. So yeah, it's kinda obvious it now only has BL players, since the developers were BL players and the game was first being talked about here. Nonetheless, it certainly is more active now than Blockland. And that's a plus for me. I also like (unlike others) the different community climate in Brickadia, a lot less toxic and thank god, no 24/7 political discussions.

No, it isn't really strange at all. As I see now, the reason for making Brickadia public was a different one, apparently. (Stree testing their code and find bugs, which is normal, to be honest)
Nonetheless, the point still stands: The game is still in Open Alpha. If they would now try to advertise it anywhere, outside of BL communities, you can expect that those new people would get quickly bored with it and just leave. Ads make more sense when Brickadia is in beta stage when it has most of its core features implemented that were promised. At this point, it's playable, but it wouldn't make much sense to now do advertisments for Brickadia outside of the known communities. So yeah, it's kinda obvious it now only has BL players, since the developers were BL players and the game was first being talked about here. Nonetheless, it certainly is more active now than Blockland. And that's a plus for me. I also like (unlike others) the different community climate in Brickadia, a lot less toxic and thank god, no 24/7 political discussions.
Your going to get the same if not more drama induced and political conversations on a Brickadia Server as you would on a Blockland Server because it's a newer game and because people like to argue. The server host and said admins are supposed to be the ones who moderate the content of the server, this shouldn't be the responsibility of the devs - it is not their job to regulate internet behaviour but to improve the game mechanics. Nothing you mentioned makes Brickadia a better game

Don't get me wrong, so far Brickadia is pretty fun....but....still has a ways to go before it will be as unique as Blockland

Your going to get the same if not more drama induced and political conversations on a Brickadia Server as you would on a Blockland Server because it's a newer game and because people like to argue. The server host and said admins are supposed to be the ones who moderate the content of the server, this shouldn't be the responsibility of the devs - it is not their job to regulate internet behaviour but to improve the game mechanics. Nothing you mentioned makes Brickadia a better game

Don't get me wrong, so far Brickadia is pretty fun....but....still has a ways to go before it will be as unique as Blockland

I was talking about Brickadia Discord server, not in-game. It has rules (at #rules, see pic below) that do not allow political discussions, and that's a plus for me. If you need a place to desperately spread your political views, you can do it somewhere else. I am here to play a game, not to talk about Annoying Orange or whatever loving political thing is happening right now. I do this in my free time with my family, friends in real life or on sites where it actually has an impact. Not when playing games.

The server host and said admins are supposed to be the ones who moderate the content of the server, this shouldn't be the responsibility of the devs - it is not their job to regulate internet behaviour but to improve the game mechanics.
I am partly with you about the server part even though there are more than enough exceptions where I see it justified that the devs take a hand in this (see Chat Moderation and Server Hosting) as well. Nonetheless it is not on to you or to me to decide whether it is the responsibility of the devs to regulate internet behaviour or not on their game. They can do whatever they want with it. The rules the devs set up are fine (except maybe what exactly falls under NSFW in in-game servers. How about building a richard in Brickadia? Is it breaking any rules to build a detailed vagina? Etc.) and people who stubbornly (not if it's an actual rational convo) arguing this are, not surprisingly, often the same stuff-stirrers we know from Blockland.

Nothing you mentioned makes Brickadia a better game
That's definitely not what I said though, so please don't start this strawman. But by the way, Brickadia has the potential to become a better game that could replace Blockland, if everything turns out right. The preconditions are already available and in-use (engine, (future) game mechanics, an active playerbase, etc). Of course, you can't satisfy anyone, especially the people with nostalgia googles. Nonetheless, Brickadia is on a good path so far.

The fair-play-rules (game) by the way are here: (Sorry for the small text. I had to get the whole text on screen)

Discord rules are here:

man idk how much you've played brickadia but after being on numerous servers with a lot of people on it, it's pretty much the opposite of what you're describing
it's a given that admins are supposed to regulate their servers, it's in the definition. however, what happens when the host is the one whose behavior is the problem? we've seen people hating popular server hosts in many instances, why would brickadia be any different without decent moderation
any other multiplayer game has content filtering--the successful ones at least--and frankly I see zero reason to get worked up about less people shouting monday and friend out of a playerbase, berating random users they find marginally annoying. it's not about freedom of expression, it's a loving video game lmao. it's about having a decent time and making friends.

The fair-play-rules (game) by the way are here: (Sorry for the small text. I had to get the whole text on screen)

Discord rules are here:

damn this soundjs like a boring ass time wher nothing happens : /

i miss this server, used to play it as much as i could

cant wait for brickadia family rp servers

cant wait for brickadia family rp servers
there's already a few