Author Topic: The only way to revive Blockland, period  (Read 10644 times)

damn right - we just need to reach back at the audience again after all these years. Blockland has always been a somewhat smaller community but seeing it in its current condition makes me feel like it should either be free to play or have more/newer advertisement. If both options were to be implemented I am 100% sure the game would  take off again in no time
We need those youtubers to make videos on it

badspot doesnt want to develop this game anymore

imagine having to keep updating one of your 10+ year old projects
Not saying he should do it, but we can adveritse the game so we have more people

a few years ago this would've been possible, but our playerbase is miniscule now
player retention is a big one. theres quite a bit of user-inconvenience if you're new... or a casual

it's probably not impossible, but would require too much time and focus on the hands of too many people
If you contact small and medium youtubers who are desperate for content, then it will work

Truth is both games are both not up to the same standards as most games today. Blockland is never going to get any better because the Developers have completely given up on the game and bringing this game up to speed is near impossible because of the lack of passion for this game. Brickadia has more of a chance at being a much more popular game, but the problem is that Brickadia is currently not a game for everyone. What I mean is that Brickadia is a game for people who love building games and not much else. Combat and interesting game mechanics are very limited and the minigames are almost nonexistent aside from a few user-generated games such as obby's and TDM's.

Minecraft stood on it's own because of its unique building and survival mechanics that both single player and multiplayer gamers can enjoy. People who absolutely love to build and want a more relaxed gaming experience have their own creative mode dedicated to building, and those who enjoy combat and want to get down to the nitty gritty can just play survival and get right to it.

Roblox hasn't absolutely crapped itself and died because of not only  the unique amount of user-generated content, but the insane amount of reluctance the devs have to pull the plug on an old property, but instead updating their game to keep up with whatever industry standard they need to compete with.

Both of these games have made a lot of money that Blockland sadly could not keep up with. Brickadia has a massive problem, as I stated before, that the game currently only appeals to a minor group of people. Without any single player content, without any mod support, and without any unique game mechanics that are currently ready to go right this minute, people who play this game will be absolutely turned off by this game's lack of content, and the people who have the biggest influence on games are the ones who are making videos. To make them play an unfinished product and expect them to review this will kill this game. You can't rush an unfinished game. We have to wait much longer until the game finds its footing.
I hope brickadia fixes that

I care enough to post but care enough to say that no one cares about reviving blockland
Not me, I do care, dont talk for us slick, you aint god

certainly not
If youtubers make videos on our game, then kids and people would try it, it worked with roblox, now its time for blockland

certainly not

absolutely not. switching from a purchase model to free to play never works out

absolutely not. switching from a purchase model to free to play never works out
Yeah, say that to Valve.

imo blockland offers very little in terms of gameplay other than building in rather subpar graphics with poor performance on lower to mid end computers. there are no longer any servers to offer i.e death matches just a few wojak boomers making cities at age of 32 with no one to appreciate the builds because there's too much lag from the brick count.

brickadia on the other hand offers similar gameplay as blockand but with a good utilised brick system that runs well on typical midend systems on a modern game engine with  loads of features planned for the future. the previously mentioned build now can be viewed without causing frame loss.

i wish most of you would accept that there's no chance of blockland making a glorious comeback anytime soon because badspot has neglected the game and forums for whatever reason of his and brickadia is the only way forward.

Yeah, say that to Valve.

well valve didn't make blockland now did they

You did care to post, genius

you know you could put that all in one post right?

kids
roblox is just a cash grab now and plus roblox gets new updates and stuff all the time blockland is dry

you don't count
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:54:24 AM by Boomsticks Alt »

Not saying he should do it, but we can advertise the game so we have more people
mother forgeter we're telling you that the problem isn't getting new players, it's keeping them. the engine is old and a pain in the richard to make mods for, and you need to be good at building to do anything.
the actual retention rate for the game is incredibly low and it doesn't help the community is full of some of the most autistic individuals on the internet.
Yeah, say that to Valve.
you really think badspot is going to bother adding some kind of microtransaction system to the game? even if the game did get a sudden surge of players he'd still need time to implement it, which goes to my first point and the game will end up with the same problems. We're lucky if we even manage to make it to 2020.

certainly not
Fox is right. When the game was greenlit people bought the game by the thousands, and nobody stuck, not even for a decent amount of time. It's as if everyone who bought the game played it for 5 minutes

We need those youtubers to make videos on it
You did care to post, genius
Not saying he should do it, but we can adveritse the game so we have more people
If you contact small and medium youtubers who are desperate for content, then it will work
I hope brickadia fixes that
If youtubers make videos on our game, then kids and people would try it, it worked with roblox, now its time for blockland

isaac my guy learn to use the modify button