Is this the end?

Author Topic: Is this the end?  (Read 6116 times)

if badspot keeps overpaying his bills then we're good

he's been doing it for the past 6 years

you can decide for yourself on how you define the 'end' or 'death' of a game. As far as i'm concerned, this game can't ever die due to the simple fact that you can always make new addons and host singleplayer or LAN based servers. What ever glory this game has ever seen has long since been gone years and years ago. The good memories are well cherished, but honestly it's good to move on.

This game outgrew itself in every way possible despite all odds, and was never truly intended to last as long as it has. The games date of release is probably the real culprit of its demise, it was essentially ahead of it's time. If retail caught the later sandbox / 'Minecraft' rush, had development decisions that were more thought out, and marketing was expanded beyond simple Google adsense we'd be somewhere else entirely.

It's good to let go and not get too attached to a LEGO styled building game lol. When I get that itch, I'll easily log on and build whatever it is I want, when I want to. I have my Auth key memorized and I always have a flash drive with different versions of Blockland on it. This game will always hold memories from a simpler, better part of my life, but at this point we are just beating a dead horse. It's embarrassing to even consider this game coming back into it's former glory.

if badspot keeps overpaying his bills then we're good

he's been doing it for the past 6 years

If no one is playing then there is no need for a habitual problem user to be on here then and thus no money

make the forums not require a key and they would be more active.

Make blockland F2P and it will be more active.

agreed  :cookie:

Say what yall want about tony, the mans is talking fax

Badspot has been out for that pack of cigarettes for a while now

Sometimes the end is just a new beginning, remember I said that when Brickadia hits 0.7.  :cookieMonster:

blockland is probably going to live for like 3 more years and then die tbh

blockland is probably going to live for like 3 more years
hmm maybe not

I've asked Badspot before what it would take to make him decide to make Blockland free-to-play and he said if the sales hit near 0.
I can't really judge him for it either because tbh, even if the game sold like 1 copy a week, that's still extra income to put aside for food, bills, savings, etc.

EDIT: Also mentioned that the only way he would ever abandon Blockland (shutdown the master server) is if Blockland's population was literally zero.
Well, that seems like quite a ways away from now...

blockland will experience a major revival in 2022, it will be big for 40 years, and die in 2062-ish (around the time of the second american revolution)

final key will be ID 4,506,017

blockland will experience a major revival in 2022, it will be big for 40 years, and die in 2062-ish (around the time of the second american revolution)

final key will be ID 4,506,017
Not until, the great Blockland revival in 2076 when badspot at the age of 80 makes another update, bringing the 4 million players back. Around this time the great nuclear war was going and the 6th world war.

as long as future generations have no idea if this game then I'm fine with that

doesn't help that tilley consistently keeps DDOSing servers that gain players