half-life alyx (it's out and it's pretty great)

Author Topic: half-life alyx (it's out and it's pretty great)  (Read 3149 times)

Virtual reality looks very awesome i wish i could have one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30v1UWkMBlU ign gameplay

each of the official gameplay videos showcases a different from of locomotion, 1 is blink teleportation, 2 is continuous, and 3 is shift
also not a fan of the new alyx voice actor, it feels off, I think she is missing alyx's "sass"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:13:16 PM by 16-Bit »

I hope this is just a glorified tech demo for the real half life 3, I like my girl Alyx but Gordon needs his closure dammit

If only they would bloody restock the Valve Index first.

very excited. it might not be half-life 3 but forget vr users are starving for games. Boneworks was phenomenal gameplay-wise but the story sucked cunt. beat saber looks fun as hell but i don't have enough room to play it so i haven't bought it. every other VR game up until now has been very lacking after finishing boneworks. Alyx looks like it's going to be the flagship title for VR for a long time and that's great

im still kinda bummed that this had to be a vr game, i mean, technology-wise and gameplay-wise vr games can be a pretty cool thing to experience, but the problem is that its basically not ready for the vast majority of people yet, you need to plug a bunch of stuff, the vr headsets can be bulky and uncomfortable to wear at times, you need an entire new room just to play the games, it costs a hell load of money, and a bunch of other problems too. the world just isn't ready for vr right now, and the fact that a new half-life game after years of no new entries is vr only makes me sad that i will never get to experience it beacuse im too poor to buy one of these things

i honestly hope the 1% of steam users enjoy this game tho

im still kinda bummed that this had to be a vr game, i mean, technology-wise and gameplay-wise vr games can be a pretty cool thing to experience, but the problem is that its basically not ready for the vast majority of people yet, you need to plug a bunch of stuff, the vr headsets can be bulky and uncomfortable to wear at times, you need an entire new room just to play the games, it costs a hell load of money, and a bunch of other problems too. the world just isn't ready for vr right now, and the fact that a new half-life game after years of no new entries is vr only makes me sad that i will never get to experience it beacuse im too poor to buy one of these things

i honestly hope the 1% of steam users enjoy this game tho
The fact that people have bought Valve's entire stock of $1,000 VR kits, demanded more, and proceeded to buy those, shows that it's more than just 1% of Steam users

Sure VR headsets can be bulky or uncomfortable, but from what i've heard, a lot of them are actually comfortable for being a heavy box on the front of your face

As for the price, there are cheap headsets that are $100 - $200

Everything else just seems subjective because you don't have the space nor the money to afford even a cheap set up, but the world is definitely "ready for VR" as shown by games like VR Chat, Pavlov VR, Boneworks, and the overwhelming sales for Half Life: Alyx

I just bought a used windows MR headset for £145 and used my room that i already played games in but with things moved around. You don't need to shell out a lot or make space in a new room

the world needs to upgraded their pentium's at some point
those who have stayed up to date with current hardware/technology can experience the newer stuff

DUDE the vortigaunt at the beginning of the game is my favorite character

also jeff hes my second favorite

DUDE the vortigaunt at the beginning of the game is my favorite character

also jeff hes my second favorite
(highlight text to view) S U S T E N A N C E
ive been playing the game and its p fun ngl
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:59:38 AM by Mr Queeba »

jjjjjjjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeefffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffff