Author Topic: Rallypack Weapons [WIP]  (Read 65739 times)

....do you not know how the snipers currently work? they're delayed periodic raycasts to make the projectile be faster than 200 TU/s, not an instant-hit.

???

adding skill to hitscan snipers by not adding anything to complicate the process and instead letting people just click to win
you are loving handicapped

....do you not know how the snipers currently work? they're delayed periodic raycasts to make the projectile be faster than 200 TU/s, not an instant-hit.
ok well that's good, i'm just saying if crook does add sniper rifles that hitscan, he shoukd try and balance it out with factors that require skill, such as slowing down sniper rotation speed and giving extreme tunnel vision to force snipers to either spend time finding targets or use teamwork to locate enemies

You must have never used this pack or your brain is missing

You must have never used this pack or your brain is missing
haven't actually used it yet, i have not played much blockland in the past month. i'm just giving suggestions based off my previous experience with other weapons

haven't actually used it yet, i have not played much blockland in the past month. i'm just giving suggestions based off my previous experience with other weapons
This is why people are making fun of you, because you're making a stupid critic on a pack you haven't used yet. If you had used it you'd know that snipers are already balanced and that hitscan isn't a thing in this pack and it never will be, because it's more broken and instahits unlike the current system Rally uses.

you are double loving handicapped
EDIT:

HITSCAN SNIPERS BAD!!

HITSCAN SNIPERS GOOD!!

which one is it handicap
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:40:48 AM by Lapis the Floran »

yeah uh if you read the topic youd have seen that from the very beginning snipers were never pure hitscan

like at least make the minimum effort of reading the topic before starting to critique a pack

lol i was just making a conditional suggestion, no need to get pissed

Something is happening...

Planned features:
Improved altitude control allowing for smoother climbing and descending without having to slap your spacebar to death
Accurate collision shape consisting of several convex hulls + OBB hitbox system allowing for accurate location based damage to vehicles
Inelegant but functional system for limiting the rotation of turrets mounted to vehicles
Integrated dismount offset system that will make disembarking quick and easy and less likely to result in a physics explosion

+ MAYBE some other things like fastrope

Shameless plug for the HeightControl mod goes here.
Currently only available on RTB archives, but i hope to find some time and motivation to finish the rewrite soon.

The big part of heightcontrol is that is allows users to instinctively use their crouch key to descend.
The old/current version only goes straight up and down but the rewrite will make it dependent on the vehicle.
Also included in the rewrite will be a somewhat cleaner way to plug into the system so you can make it even more realistic or do other stuff with the buttons by actually calling the onTrigger of the vehicle with the same arguments as a onTrigger does for playerdata.

I really need to get off my ass to finish it after seeing this and TheArmyGuy's helicopters lately.

Ah, I wasn't aware heightcontrol comes with a client. Currently I have it working server-side but as you know it's not possible to detect crouching in a vehicle so it's not an elegant solution. If you don't intend to change the client that much I'll implement support for it

Who would fast rope out of a perfectly good helicopter...

Right gunner get ready
Ready
*DDRT DDRT DDRT DDRT DDRT DDRT DDRT DDRT DDRT DDRT DDRT*