Rallypack Weapons [WIP]

Author Topic: Rallypack Weapons [WIP]  (Read 65740 times)

ay crook, i have a (probably stuffty) idea: a mortar marker/radio.

you can use it at any distance, and it marks the hitscanned spot for teammates currently sitting in a mortar for 10 seconds. people in mortars see a line, through walls, from the ground up, as well as the required angle, and rotation to hit there. you can also right click to show it to yourself and no one else too, allowing mortar users to quickly judge distances.

people in mortars see a line
would require selective ghosting dll (does anyone have this working on latest ver?)

through walls
this wouldn't actually be possible afaik

would require selective ghosting dll (does anyone have this working on latest ver?)
i do have selectiveghosting working yes
i can send you the files on discord tmr if u want

this is indeed not possible

Yeah HMU so I can make nightvision scopes (and then the game will immediately be updated for the first time in 2000 years and my pack will break)

there's chest finder xray mods so this is absolutely possible. needs a client mod to translate worldspace coords to a screen coord. if you *really* feel up to it you can probably find a copy of zapk's old minigolf client mod that has some code to handle it (you used to click the direction you wanted to putt)

in all seriousness a spotter item like binos would be really nice for mortar users. probably have it radius search for a nearby mortar around the user, and then give the coords to hit that location from that mortar.

yah fair, a much easier and more practical solution would just be a chat message with a notification.

I'll definitely add spotter binos that will give you coords at a designated location but I don't think I want to make mortars too easy. I want mortars to be pretty powerful and reward teamwork/people who do the math

there's chest finder xray mods so this is absolutely possible. needs a client mod to translate worldspace coords to a screen coord

Lol well I do kinda intend to make a client-aspect for the pack eventually... mainly QoL stuff like transmitting FOV automatically so you don't have to do it on every server. This kinda makes me want to do a client thing for cool stuff though like IR goggles and tracking effects for my launchers.

i am extremely excited about mortars. blockland has a severe lack of long range... well, anything. only qualm is, i don't see any counters for it

the counter is math because your average blocklander has a room temperature iq

rallycorp r&d proud to announce new client mod that uninstalls blockland if you be a little pusillanimous individual and orbit around the enemy base with ur plane's guns shooting the base and never land

also add a pref to make the client automatically do /toggleholdads
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:35:45 PM by maxymax13 »

also add a pref to make the client automatically do /toggleholdads
This but /setdefaultads

yeah the client will automatically transmit any personal options like hold ADS and will automatically grab your FOV and send it to the server