Author Topic: Rallypack Weapons [WIP]  (Read 65715 times)

custom chat has a field for maximum bitmap height set it to the same size/1 smaller than the chat font

custom chat has a field for maximum bitmap height set it to the same size/1 smaller than the chat font
i really dont give a stuff you didnt need to tell me this

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 03:16:32 AM by Badspot »

pwned

sweps models all look like roblox guns and the reserve ammo system is incredibly clunky but i'd be lying if it and the extra mods around it didn't have incredible levels of polish gameplay wise with stuff like that and the pickup c4/heal items

https://streamable.com/w0h6ub
beeboobeeboo

https://streamable.com/j1cl8j
https://streamable.com/v56vex
some ideas you should implement into ur helicopter

Very cool. Any tips on how to optimize checking for collisions with the rotor blades? My kneejerk solution is to just spam raycasts 360 around the rotors but I'm imagining some kind of container check needs to precede this
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:44:24 PM by Crook »

very late to the party but everything here looks amazing great job

is the shotgun supposed to not have +1 reloading when you first pick it up anymore?
now if i pick up a shotgun and reload it does light. i have to shoot it first to get the +1 back when i reload now

Whoops, broke something

That's what the kids call an "epic fail."

Going to change sniper behavior in the next update:
- Removing "sway" penalty which causes bullets to consistently push away from the crosshair in the direction you're swaying the weapon
- Adding camera shake to induce some kind of 'drunk cam' effect when you have a sniper rifle which makes it difficult but not impossible to hit targets
- Bipoding removes this effect, crouching lessens it
- Penalty for moving while trying to shoot is still there

This should deobfuscate snipers a little bit without making them too easy to use

Very cool. Any tips on how to optimize checking for collisions with the rotor blades? My kneejerk solution is to just spam raycasts 360 around the rotors but I'm imagining some kind of container check needs to precede this
ya you want to use a container check layer first, then within the container check you should check for player collisions and do the math for their position because you want the propellers to interact with players reliably, then if there are bricks present in the container check i advise shooting out about 20-60 raycasts out in 360 on the propeller axis, this should happen every tick, if you want a lot of helicopters to be present in your game keep the raycast number as low as you can but modify a base angle for the raycasts every tick so that it gets the full range of raycasts over a few ticks, using a relativley small amount for each tick, having the propellers interact with bricks can be done sloppily without any notice

also another tip is: use applyImpulse to give the helicopter small amounts of sway

there should actually be a big zip folder of my mad max gamemode somewhere in mod discussion that has the full helicopter code in it, although it might be a little out of date it has a lot of helpful math and things in it
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 10:55:48 PM by Swollow »

stuff im making and sending rally because i have nothing else to do

Top gun is bad the bottom gun is good