2020/05/03 - Blockland r2005-r2012

Author Topic: 2020/05/03 - Blockland r2005-r2012  (Read 49661 times)

What could be added to steam?

If the community made quality of life .dll's could be added, like selective ghosting and the audiofix, that'd be great.
Cause as they are, those .dll's wont work for Steam.

Edit: I just wonder what mods this jump will potentially break
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 01:21:44 PM by Mr.Noßody »

What will transitioning to steam break for existing steam users?

Im sure we'll find out at the transition goes.

What will transitioning to steam break for existing steam users?
absolutely nothing

absolutely nothing
I didnt know so many people didnt use steam.

I didnt know so many people didnt use steam.
because the steam version is such a pain in the ass to use. i have multiple BL installations that I use to test different things (can't do that with steam). Plus making dedicated servers on steam is a pain in the ass (i dont even know how to do it)

because the steam version is such a pain in the ass to use. i have multiple BL installations that I use to test different things (can't do that with steam). Plus making dedicated servers on steam is a pain in the ass (i dont even know how to do it)
Yeah, same. If a steam-only solution is used, I'll likely quit playing :(

always used steam
apparently was always safer

lol!

Badspot

• Administrator
i have multiple BL installations that I use to test different things (can't do that with steam).

It is the same program.  You can make copies of the Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland folder and run multiple copies of the game, run both at the same time, go online with both.  The only difference I can think of is that you can't be on two different accounts at the same time since they both use the same steam profile.

Dedicated servers are an issue, but that can be fixed.

after this will you develop the game or do you want to sleep again?

It is the same program.  You can make copies of the Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland folder and run multiple copies of the game, run both at the same time, go online with both.  The only difference I can think of is that you can't be on two different accounts at the same time since they both use the same steam profile.

How could we run dedicated servers on a linux VPS with no desktop environment?

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out

While we're waiting, does anyone have ARM's age of time scripts? or any age of time scripts? There was a weebly but I think it's gone now