Author Topic: Anyone just remember an old name and wondered what happened to them?  (Read 91911 times)

stratofortress
gravity cat - would like that hind please

I've been thinking alot about the people from forum games section
Swat one, Juncoph, Agent Legit 22 and some other ones, I wonder if there is any way to keep in contact with anyone from the forums when the forums shut down

For those wondering how -Pablo- is doing, he's doing well! He's doing a lot of freelance work, photography, videography, music videos, and a lot of other stuff. He was also doing some production stuff for Taste of History.

It's funny, he and I made a ton of Blockland content in c. 2009 - 2014 before moving our camera work into the real world.

what happened to Doorman?

Is anyone still in touch with TheWorm? The last time I talked to him was through AIM

Is anyone still in touch with TheWorm? The last time I talked to him was through AIM
I haven't seen him since we played Little Big Planet 1 together :panda:

Neinhaus wasn't a creep from memory but he was very autistic and couldn't comprehend social constructs very well.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=248620.0

Nienhaus added me on Skype sometime after that thread was made (when I was a 12 year old girl!!) and when I told him I wasn't comfortable with talking to a child enthusiast he told me he was in therapy to stop being a creep. Apparently the therapy wasn't successful at making him Not Talk To 12 Year Old Girls. I think when the guy straight-up tells you he's in therapy for being a child enthusiast that counts as proof.

Pretty sure Rings is still kicking around, not sure what he's up to these days but he was on Steam 4 days ago.

decided to scroll through here and i am indeed still kicking around! just graduated college, looking for a job now

i still keep ties with some folks i met through this game, and it's astonishing to think that i've made what i expect to be life-long friends effectively playing legos on the internet. if kniaz happens to read this, playing on the bluzone server remains one of my favorite childhood/adolescent experiences
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 06:39:12 AM by Comatose »

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=248620.0

Nienhaus added me on Skype sometime after that thread was made (when I was a 12 year old girl!!) and when I told him I wasn't comfortable with talking to a child enthusiast he told me he was in therapy to stop being a creep. Apparently the therapy wasn't successful at making him Not Talk To 12 Year Old Girls. I think when the guy straight-up tells you he's in therapy for being a child enthusiast that counts as proof.
Jesus. I feel like I kind of remember that. If you look deeper into that thread it turns out Steve https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=132993 sent them to him originally as well.

I'm still unsure how I spent so much time with Bisjac without realising how weird he was, I'm pretty sure it was only like 7 years ago or something that we randomly spoke and he said something really concerning about women and I decided to not talk to him again.

I'm glad I've managed to stay in contact with all but one person. I'm still waiting for them to come back, any day now.

Also it's probably not worth responding to something so old but

What happened to Hollywood?
and omg Hollywood, she was cool, this forum was mad weird w her tho
Hollywood isn't on the internet that much but she's doing good!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 02:07:28 PM by tails »

I'm glad I've managed to stay in contact with all but one person. I'm still waiting for them to come back, any day now.

Kind of like how I went and just added everyone in sight on steam as soon as I made an account years ago. Good call on my part, since it's fun to just glance at the activity page and see names buying or playing games I probably wouldn't have expected them to try.

Every now and then I think about just hopping into a server like I used to, but then I also think about how I'm too lazy to redownload the game. Still remember my key though! It goes like A-
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:05:42 AM by ChexGuy331 »

keys have been removed you need to link them to your steam acc to play the game

you can still play non steam installs, just have to have blockland updated and steam running in the bg to complete authentication

Kind of like how I went and just added everyone in sight on steam as soon as I made an account years ago.
This is pretty much what i did as well, even made some good friends because of that :cookie:

Also, IIRC, before i even had a Steam account, i think it was Tails who would let me borrow his account so i could play Gmod or whatever because i think i was too poor at the time to buy those games myself (thanks for that, btw 👍)

I remember at some point I had the quest to add every blocklander I could on steam. I got at least 50% of the way there, most have removed me or vice versa over the years but it was a good chunk of my friends list was from here.