Anyone just remember an old name and wondered what happened to them?

Author Topic: Anyone just remember an old name and wondered what happened to them?  (Read 85062 times)

wait really? ive talked to him irl but never had a clue hes decently known outside of bl
His work is usually at the top page of most big modded FPS games, he's has sound mods for Gmod ported to STALKER and Arma 3 and stuff, he's probably only popular in my eyes cause I see him names pop up and I recognize it

anyone remember that Sugar character? Idk if he was behaving normally or doing a really dedicated schtick with a full clique of actors, but it always spawned a great conversation when he was around.

anyone remember that Sugar character? Idk if he was behaving normally or doing a really dedicated schtick with a full clique of actors, but it always spawned a great conversation when he was around.
she is autistic

this thread is hitting different man

For those wondering how -Pablo- is doing, he's doing well! He's doing a lot of freelance work, photography, videography, music videos, and a lot of other stuff. He was also doing some production stuff for Taste of History.

It's funny, he and I made a ton of Blockland content in c. 2009 - 2014 before moving our camera work into the real world.

yo do you remember me? i think we used to hang out on disconnected's server possibly? i think your name used to be something different though??

but yeah I've still got a bunch of old names knockin around in my noggin:

disconnected - he used to host a freebuild, I spent so much time there when I was younger and met a lot of cool people. honestly that server/the people I met there + these forums were definitely very formative for me when I was younger. The good ol days man.

hunterkiller1
IcyGamma
tikan
cucumber
blur
Joshua-029 (i think he's still on my steam friends list but i haven't talked to him in a long time)
kalphiter
megascientifical
stocking
snot - this dude was always an enigma to me lol
bushido
jam jar

RTB and all the goons on those forums

all of the old scattered space people...I wish their forums hadn't been nuked, I used to hang out there all the time

Boom, Mr. Doom, gizmo I think?, hyperbob, shappeh, greek2me, marioguy0

I loved playing on wizzard's winter canyon map, all of the scattered space maps were dope.

It's always nice that I can come back here and get a nice dose of nostalgia. <3

also it's cool that you're still around masterlegodude, I can literally go back 10 years in my post history and find topics I was responding to you in.

by the way, did sent messages get pruned or something? I only have one message in my sent messages, was hoping I could see what I sent to people lol

by the way, did sent messages get pruned or something? I only have one message in my sent messages, was hoping I could see what I sent to people lol
I think that "save a copy in my outbox" option when you send a PM used to be strictly opt-in back in the day if I'm remembering right. Maybe badspot wanted to save on server space or something lol

I think that "save a copy in my outbox" option when you send a PM used to be strictly opt-in back in the day if I'm remembering right. Maybe badspot wanted to save on server space or something lol

dang!

hunterkiller1
IcyGamma
tikan
cucumber
blur
Joshua-029 (i think he's still on my steam friends list but i haven't talked to him in a long time)
kalphiter
megascientifical
stocking
snot - this dude was always an enigma to me lol
bushido
jam jar
Boom, Mr. Doom, gizmo I think?, hyperbob, shappeh, greek2me, marioguy0
of those i know these people are still active online:

kalphiter (goes by Queuenard for the past 5 years, plays blockland)
snot (doesnt play bl but shows up and posts cat gifs/memes in my discord now and then)
jam jar (blockland BCS developer/lead)

I added MegaScience on steam years ago, he plays a lot of Runescape still I think. I think I still have bisjac added lol, but we’ve literally never spoken a word via steam, and looking at this thread that’s good.

I miss the squad that hung out with Gravity Cat and hosted for him. Moonlight, Gear/Raikov (the very angry opinionated German if anyone remembers lol), Bithead9 too. Just endless time spent on their servers with his cool addons and GCF Ghost’s massive maps. They were all such cool dudes, I wish I had gotten to know them better. The last time I played with them Gravity Cat was testing his A-10, it was better than Stratofortress’ imo and I remember being disappointed he didn’t want to release it.

A couple of good BL friends, Starch(Stitarch on here) and Mr. Kitkat, went through some bad stuff in life seemingly. They removed and readded each other and me on Steam a few times, became distant and isolated themselves somewhat. I was too young to really get it and be there for them, but I think I have one of them on Steam still. They’re both labeled “hot” in Steam because of course they are, I miss the silly antics.

I did some small projects with CelticWolf (name might be different now), back when ZAPT came out and replaced the older zombie mod he did some amazing work adding L4D music to one of the map’s Iban released to the community (idk who built it, it was a loop around a body of water IIRC). He added music blocks and events so that the music changed and built up as you traversed the map, it was SUPER cool and hadn’t really been done before. I hosted a server for it on my crappy 08 Macbook at 1 MEGABIT internet hahaha, wonder if anyone remembers it because it ended up crashing often and I could only host 15 people.

And omg. One of my good friends in school who played Blockland with Eksi and Squideey before I met him, ended up dating or at least being friends in person with Kristin/BubbaGum later? I still have her on Steam but it got a bit weird after that intersection with reality and Blockland. I hope she’s doing well, this unhinged place did not seem good for her.

MackTheHunter and RingsOfSaturn conspired to murder me in DayZ mod for my immense banditry, I was pissed when I figured it out but I brought it up with Mack and laughed about it a couple years ago. I saw them both in this thread I think, hope Rings is finding a good job post college.

Haven’t spoken to Megabear in a while, but I still love him, never ended up playing with him again after he invited me to BCC discord which I regret.

Oh and Wynd_Fox kinda indirectly called me out for being biloveual SO MANY years before I found out. I saw Night Fox is still active and talks to him, if someone could PM him this thread comment I’d appreciate it, I got my pm privileges taken away almost immediately for trying to spread Bushido’s mini nuke lmao

Also shoutout to Masterlegodude who I think has literally greeted me back here several times as I’ve popped back over the years. Yer a legend.

Also shoutout to Masterlegodude who I think has literally greeted me back here several times as I’ve popped back over the years. Yer a legend.

I'll probably be here until the forums actually shut down or become completely inactive, whichever comes first

ngl kinda wonder if Pie Crust is still alive or not, havent seen him in years and he doesnt respond on discord / steam anymore

I miss the squad that hung out with Gravity Cat and hosted for him. Moonlight, Gear/Raikov (the very angry opinionated German if anyone remembers lol), Bithead9 too. Just endless time spent on their servers with his cool addons and GCF Ghost’s massive maps. They were all such cool dudes, I wish I had gotten to know them better. The last time I played with them Gravity Cat was testing his A-10, it was better than Stratofortress’ imo and I remember being disappointed he didn’t want to release it.

I've been in contact with Gravity Cat recently, goes by the name of Dr. Jaska on Steam. Tried asking him for some of his addons from the Blockland days but he told me they were on an old hard drive and he'd retrieve them someday. I'd ought to give him a nudge about it as I think he's forgotten about it.

Love to get back together with the old gang of Gravity Cat's server someday seeing that we're all grown up now lol.

ngl kinda wonder if Pie Crust is still alive or not, havent seen him in years and he doesnt respond on discord / steam anymore
probably in prison tbh

Did anyone ever figure out what happened to Vegetarian Zombie after his parents allegedly kicked him off the internet after finding out he was gay? It's been a long time so maybe that's not even how that story went, but afaik no one managed to contact him after that

No one asked about me but figured I'd drop in anyway.

I still exist. Slowed down posting in 2015 because it was getting detrimental to my personal life. Since then I've grown a lot more passionate about game design brown townysis and have started to pursue writing about it more. Someday I may even make a game of my own. Other than that I've taken up Final Fantasy XI & XIV, occasional Guilty Gear, and game collecting (specifically Shin Megami Tensei, and resuming the hunt-down of PS2 triple packs). I'm also in the Brickadia, Blockland United, and B4v21 Discords but I'm not super active in them.

While I'm here, anyone ever kept contact with Pepsimann? He built a lot of modern military stuff and we did some amateur machinima filming together. RiG66144 is someone else I wouldn't mind reconnecting with but that's more of a gamble.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:22:03 AM by the hacker »

this thread is hitting different man

yo do you remember me? i think we used to hang out on disconnected's server possibly? i think your name used to be something different though??

Dude of course! All of those guys you just listed I remember for the most part too. Most of them were regulars on Disconnected’s server. They were all truly regulars and familiar faces that you’d anticipate coming back and clowning around with. Truly the best of times! Hope you’ve been keeping well dude.