2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031

Author Topic: 2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031  (Read 96684 times)

Was setting bl_id on the client removed on purpose? I think most people used getBLID() but it might break some add-ons.

this change made my eval go crazy and give everyone eval access on join
also broke a bunch of other stuff i have on my server

If I'm using the Launcher or a portable version, does this mean I must be playing on an account that is linked to my steam account?
I'm getting this error:

Steam is open in the background.
How do I manually update blockland?

Also, I know you've said you'll implant it, but I look forward to being able to link my previous main keys to my steam account. Any/All Email Addresses associated with my keys have since been lost, so I won't be able link them that way.

Also Tool_NewDuplicator should be added to the game, with the change that it is Admin-Only to start off.

Hate to repost, but is there a reason I can't use Launcher?

Also I like the idea proposed that you can transfer key versions to steam if both are of the same IP. Seems like the most convenient and safe

Was setting bl_id on the client removed on purpose? I think most people used getBLID() but it might break some add-ons.
yeah a lot of mods rely on client.bl_id for individual user perms - i know that i have used it in the majority of my mods

im still around to fix mine (if you're unwilling to revert the change), but i can't see that happening for addons of long gone users

also are we allowed to request multiple email verification links cause i dont have access to the device that has the login to the email right now

Badspot

• Administrator
Edit: I misread that, I'll add .bl_id back in for compatibility.
Edit2: I kind of don't want to because mods could set, even by accident, and break things.  But I guess that ship has sailed.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:52:48 PM by Badspot »

I'm having a lot of issues setting my dedicated server back up. I don't even remember how I got it set up the way I do now, but it's not going to be working I don't think.

I think this is the portable version of the game, but when I downloaded that from the site it didn't have a dedi.bat file.

Usually to configure the dedi with what add-ons im going to be using and etc I need to launch it and run it first on the normal game, then shut that down and run the dedi launcher. But I can't do that now, because retail cannot host games. I genuinely don't remember how else I am suppose to run a dedicated server/set it up because it's been a year or longer, and I think it's why I'm having issues authing, so if anyone could help me out that'd be great.

serverlist checks for %this.pass when it should be checking %this.password
serverlist still checks for Dead ping instead of ---
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:00:09 PM by maxymax13 »

There's no win plate on speedkart, btw.

ignore this, they took out the win plate with snowballs
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:11:20 PM by Dragonoid.Slayer »

Badspot

• Administrator
Hate to repost, but is there a reason I can't use Launcher?

The screenshot is showing an error that is only possible in the old version so you are bypassing the launcher some how.

Badspot

• Administrator
There's no win plate on speedkart, btw.
http://puu.sh/FMMqX/bf571fecd3.jpg
Is that because you killed it with a snowball?

The screenshot is showing an error that is only possible in the old version so you are bypassing the launcher some how.
How can I update the launcher? Nothing is read only, i've been getting all updates up until this point.

Is that because you killed it with a snowball?
yeah, my bad

Badspot

• Administrator
serverlist checks for %this.pass when it should be checking %this.password
serverlist still checks for Dead ping instead of ---
Dead ping is sort of a relic from the past because the matchmaker can connect you with unpingable servers.  The rest should be fixed in r2029. 
There does seem to be an issue where servers are unpingable until you join them.  I don't know if this is an issue with my windows firewall or with compiling on the windows 10 sdk or what. 

So, I haven't had the email connected to my key for years. Does this mean I can't connect my original ID to Steam? Can I change my email to one I didn't make in middle school?

Also, I was holding the name of a friend who's key was compromised. Because names can't be changed now, the only way to play the game for me is to use their name. You can see how this might cause confusion.

What can I do?

Badspot

• Administrator
How can I update the launcher? Nothing is read only, i've been getting all updates up until this point.
yeah, my bad

Just run runme.bat?

Ive confirmed that the email I bought my original key on is one that I have no access to nor is there any way to recover it.
Is my ID lost because of this?

Badspot

• Administrator
Is my ID lost because of this?

No.  I will implement additional recovery/transfer methods shortly.