2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031

Author Topic: 2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031  (Read 96677 times)

lemme change it please
shut it smh my smh blockland 3.1415 way better

Intersting. I don't think putting "Admin" feels right in the new column however, you could have multiple admins in your server!

Badspot, I think you should rename that to"server owner" or "server host", something like that so that it makes more sense like in the past it would be "Hostname's freebuild" so you knew that guy was the owner. It also helps if you are looking for a particular host which I know it still functions the same but it would be more intuitive for it to be renamed.

Intersting. I don't think putting "Admin" feels right in the new column however, you could have multiple admins in your server!

Badspot, I think you should rename that to"server owner" or "server host", something like that so that it makes more sense like in the past it would be "Hostname's freebuild" so you knew that guy was the owner. It also helps if you are looking for a particular host which I know it still functions the same but it would be more intuitive for it to be renamed.
I second this, but I think a short and to-the-point "host" would do just fine
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:18:09 AM by theblocker »

Ugh can those who already own the game get just one last name change so they can change the name of a key with an ABSOLUTELY USELESS name which they didn't know they would be stuck with for an eternity?

One of my keys are named "siba & General" back when, you guessed it, I hosted a dedicated server where siba and I were hosts. Unless I'm gonna host another siba & General dedicated server, the key is now useless :cookieMonster:

Ugh can those who already own the game get just one last name change so they can change the name of a key with an ABSOLUTELY USELESS name which they didn't know they would be stuck with for an eternity?

One of my keys are named "siba & General" back when, you guessed it, I hosted a dedicated server where siba and I were hosts. Unless I'm gonna host another siba & General dedicated server, the key is now useless :cookieMonster:

Having that name doesn't make it usesless... Honestly I don't think anyone cares what the host clients name is as long as its identifiable by people who know you. If you went out of your way to get an alt to have odd names like that, You should have zero issue buying another one.

general u just have to get siba to host something with you again!!

general u just have to get siba to host something with you again!!

aight so in my case gbfl should be coming back then

Interesting update, but I'd rather have the ability to change my name still. Hopefully with the push for using Steam, this can be possible again... however who the hell frequently changes their name unless they use their account for primarily stuffposting with weird names.
I don't even see why people are complaining they have to use Steam now. "It makes my PC run slower" is a stuff excuse; it's 2020. Get more RAM you frickin' nerd and some better hardware.

I've been trying to put my dedicated server up but I can't figure out the command lines right now.

This is what my dedi.bat looks like: start blockland.exe ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated -dtoken (TOKEN HERE) (I removed the "-nosteam" line)

And when I try to launch it I get this error:

That was happening to me before I realized the nonsteam version of blockland was still installed, just removing that seemed to help the most if you hadn't already turned off the read only mark on blockland's launcher.

However my only problem is getting the server to load up my add-ons besides just the default ones.

I think it would be cool if there can be let's say a 1 or 2 day or longer cooldown for changing your name. It would still help prevent trolling. Removing name changing is unnecessary because players who know about the options menu can enable the viewing of BL IDs. It's one way we can tell who is who without seeing their names.

I just think it's bad that some people will be punished for picking a stuffty name before something that nobody could have predicted. Seriously, does somebody really want to be called "stuffSlayer69" for the rest of eternity?

Thanks for fixing the game though.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:15:22 PM by RockyDoctor65 »

Okay I dont loving understand how to contact Steam Support. My 2 main keys are connected to steam accounts THAT ARE NOT MINE AND I DO NOT RECOGNIZE. There's no way to contact steam support, every support page leads me to this which I know isn't helpful.

Somebody please forgetin help me, this is getting increasingly frustrating as there's no amount of things I can click that will lead me to contacting steam support.

Okay I dont loving understand how to contact Steam Support. My 2 main keys are connected to steam accounts THAT ARE NOT MINE AND I DO NOT RECOGNIZE. There's no way to contact steam support, every support page leads me to this which I know isn't helpful.

Somebody please forgetin help me, this is getting increasingly frustrating as there's no amount of things I can click that will lead me to contacting steam support.
Have you tried reporting those profiles to steam? Blockland support may be a dead end if badspot doesn't have the resources to unlink the keys from their steam accounts. idk if unlinking them is even possible.