hobby discussion thread

Author Topic: hobby discussion thread  (Read 7426 times)

what's the point of buying cd/vinyl if streaming exist
vinyl has a rich sound and cd is still very practical

on the topic of vinyl, i have never so much as touched a vinyl or vinyl player in my life. i have a few 7inches and one 12inch im planning to buy though, all of them singles and EPs. as i have found out over time, artists dont much like releasing singles and smaller EPs on cd, which is mostly why im getting them.

what's the point of buying cd/vinyl if streaming exist
Streaming has only been a major platform for maybe 15 years. it's very convenient, no doubt, but this is like asking why people still read books when ebooks and audiobooks exist. There's an enormous amount of music not available on streaming platforms, CDs are extremely cheap right now, vinyl is in a resurgence, and some people enjoy the hardware itself. why not use all the media available to us?

haven't been able to do any skateboarding tricks yet xd

haven't been able to do any skateboarding tricks yet xd
Keep practicing and you’ll get there. skateboarding is cool, I wish I had picked it up as a kid

yah ik i just wish progress wasn't so slow, wish i had an irl slipstream

You guys got any favorite books or authors

I started reading Ayn Rand this year, I don’t agree with her entire philosophy but parts of it are good and she’s a brilliant writer

I started reading Ayn Rand this year, I don’t agree with her entire philosophy but parts of it are good and she’s a brilliant writer
ive read a little bit of our band could be your life and its pretty good

beggars in spain - nancy kress
gone girl

issac asimov - foundation novels, short stories. scifi at its best
henry kuttner - also really good scifi but i think only short stories. nothing but gingerbread left is my fav one
orson scott card - enders game series is good but honestly i kinda prefer earthfall series as it has a tighter storyline
arthur conan doyle - if you havent read all of sherlock holmes go and do it asap
mitch albom - his books speak for themselves

ive read a little bit of our band could be your life and its pretty good
Sounds great, will have to find a copy
beggars in spain - nancy kress
gone girl

issac asimov - foundation novels, short stories. scifi at its best
henry kuttner - also really good scifi but i think only short stories. nothing but gingerbread left is my fav one
orson scott card - enders game series is good but honestly i kinda prefer earthfall series as it has a tighter storyline
arthur conan doyle - if you havent read all of sherlock holmes go and do it asap
mitch albom - his books speak for themselves
I’ve read the Ender’s Game series, classic stuff. also read Foundation last year and it was pretty epic

the last book i've read and fully enjoyed is emil ferris - my favorite thing is monsters. does it count? it's a graphic novel, not a book book. book books are for losers

the last book i've read and fully enjoyed is emil ferris - my favorite thing is monsters. does it count? it's a graphic novel, not a book book. book books are for losers
I haven't read that one, but I love comic books. aside from the walking dead, I really enjoyed Fear Agent by Rick Remender, any Alien/Predator comic that's come out in the past two years (I always try to pick those up), and as for more recent series- Outpost Zero and Outer Darkness from Image Comics. OZ is about a colony on a harsh winter planet in the future, OD is like Star Trek except with ghosts, following a spaceship whose crew is frequently eviscerated by evil spirits. Image Comics has been putting out the best sci-fi/fantasy stories for several years now imo. there's also gonna be a comic book adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five coming out next month from Boom! Comics, if anybody likes that book I suggest calling your local comic shop to reserve the series. comics are the best.

recently built this abomination

on a related note, 240hz looks lightsaber-through-butter smooth